Talk

Advanced search

Been asked to call and discuss the results of my bloods...

(5 Posts)
Mmmaa Sat 27-Nov-10 20:48:14

Does this mean there's a problem?

I had them done at the hospital on Wednesday afternoon and the letter was sent on Thursday, so just got it today.
They have left numbers to call but both are mobiles and switched off.

I'm worried...if it was something serious would the midwife have been in touch straight away. Also, if I ring the antenatal clinic tomorrow (different number to the ones on the letter) will they have the info already and be able to tell me?

MakemineaGandT Sat 27-Nov-10 20:50:01

I don't know but try not to worry - it may just be something like need for iron tablets. No harm in calling the antenatal clinic. Hope all is ok

JetLi Sat 27-Nov-10 20:50:24

How many weeks? In all likeliood you are perhaps a nats anaemic and they want you to have some iron tablets. Its pretty common. Can you ring your on-call community midwife for reassurance?

SlightlyTubbyHali Sat 27-Nov-10 20:50:39

I don't know but there is nothing to be gained from worrying (easier said than done, I know).

But listen, my blood results always took an age to come, so one thing that it could be is that they've lost your blood (or didn't take enough) and need some more. Hope that's all it is.

Mmmaa Sat 27-Nov-10 20:53:35

Well I was sent for some by the doctor a couple of weeks ago to test for anaemia and glucose levels as I was exhausted but they all came back clear so while I did think it could be that, I wasn't sure how likely it would be that I had developed it over about 3 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now