Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

More waiting

(4 Posts)
forest234 Sat 27-Nov-10 13:15:45

I went for another transvaginal scan today. I am a little unsure of when I ovulated but believe it was between 17th and 20th October which makes me at the latest 7w 3d (I track my basal temp but missed a couple of days during which time I ovulated). Also, I had a very bad yeast infection so the last time we had sex was the 15th October. The sonographer has said that in the last 2 weeks my gest sac has grown from 7.9mm to 15mm and there may be something in there but it is quite close to the wall of the sac. The notes say it is a possible yolk sac but the scan I had 2 weeks ago said the same thing on the notes. I have been told that I need to go back on Friday for a repeat scan as she says that I looked around 4 weeks at the first scan and 6 weeks today (2 weeks later) so I might just have got my dates wrong. She wouldn't pay any attention to my claims of knowing when I o'd so here I am with another week of not really knowing.

I should have seen something more surely. Any ideas. I am going out of my mind here.

MrsMogwai Sat 27-Nov-10 15:44:55

Sorry to hear you're having to wait! Frustrating for sure. Growth in the sack sounds positive though. Best of luck!

skippingrope Sat 27-Nov-10 18:11:03

I had a transvaginal that dated me at 6 weeks showing a gestational sac (14mm), but no yolk sac. I too have to wait 2 more weeks, and from my research it seems that 14mm with no yolk sac is not a good sign. Can anyone offer reassurance ??

Good luck for the wait forest234, keeping fingers crossed for you.

forest234 Sat 27-Nov-10 19:02:57

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem skippingrope. Its awful waiting isn't it. I assumed that it wasn't a really good sign but am just baffled at why they would need to check if it was definite bad news.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: