Talk

Advanced search

Fact or fiction ~ you can't get a false positive test?

(7 Posts)
LoveBeingADaddysGirl Fri 26-Nov-10 18:40:07

Just wondered, think I might need to take one but it could be stress. Tia

VivaLeBeaver Fri 26-Nov-10 18:44:45

I got a false positive once, then I read the instructions and found I hadn't weeed on it long enough. It went positive for about an hour and then went neg. When I got a proper positive it never faded so I knew it wasn't right.

jellyhead188 Fri 26-Nov-10 18:44:52

some tests give you evap lines, but thats usually after the 10 min waiting time. I have never had a false positive but have been pg and m/c 3 times so it can feel like a false BFP if you test then test again a few days later and you then get a BFN.

Hope you get the answer you want xx

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Fri 26-Nov-10 19:38:33

Thanks ladies, viva would dipping fix that?

StealthPolarBear Fri 26-Nov-10 19:40:05

well i had a dark, definite line, but only went half way down the full 'line' iyswin. Got very excited but wasn't pg and it turns out sainsbury;s tests have a reputation for that sort of thing

KittyFloss Fri 26-Nov-10 19:43:31

I did get a false + once, it was with an internet cheapie and all other tests after that were -. I was actually pg that month though and got + about a week later. I have had lots of evap lines, but that false one was actually pink.

I think they are rare though, especially on the more expensive pink tests. I would steer clear of first response though, for me there positives are very weak looking. You need a test with lots of dye which will give you a definate yes/no. Superdrug have nice strong positives.

KittyFloss Fri 26-Nov-10 19:45:22

Oh and boots are good too, had my last 2 pg confirmed with those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now