Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Fact or fiction ~ you can't get a false positive test?

(7 Posts)
LoveBeingADaddysGirl Fri 26-Nov-10 18:40:07

Just wondered, think I might need to take one but it could be stress. Tia

VivaLeBeaver Fri 26-Nov-10 18:44:45

I got a false positive once, then I read the instructions and found I hadn't weeed on it long enough. It went positive for about an hour and then went neg. When I got a proper positive it never faded so I knew it wasn't right.

jellyhead188 Fri 26-Nov-10 18:44:52

some tests give you evap lines, but thats usually after the 10 min waiting time. I have never had a false positive but have been pg and m/c 3 times so it can feel like a false BFP if you test then test again a few days later and you then get a BFN.

Hope you get the answer you want xx

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Fri 26-Nov-10 19:38:33

Thanks ladies, viva would dipping fix that?

StealthPolarBear Fri 26-Nov-10 19:40:05

well i had a dark, definite line, but only went half way down the full 'line' iyswin. Got very excited but wasn't pg and it turns out sainsbury;s tests have a reputation for that sort of thing

KittyFloss Fri 26-Nov-10 19:43:31

I did get a false + once, it was with an internet cheapie and all other tests after that were -. I was actually pg that month though and got + about a week later. I have had lots of evap lines, but that false one was actually pink.

I think they are rare though, especially on the more expensive pink tests. I would steer clear of first response though, for me there positives are very weak looking. You need a test with lots of dye which will give you a definate yes/no. Superdrug have nice strong positives.

KittyFloss Fri 26-Nov-10 19:45:22

Oh and boots are good too, had my last 2 pg confirmed with those.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: