Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

lump in breast and 30+5 wks

(7 Posts)
SaraL77 Fri 26-Nov-10 15:05:02

feeling a bit stressed/worried as I've noticed a lump in my breast and so went to the doctors. She told me that usually they tell you to come back after your next period (as hormones can change) but during pregnancy they don't so the only thing she could suggest was to wait 3 weeks and see if it goes away/changes then come back for a referral. I've had lumps before that have gone away of their own accord, but of course it's always on my mind now. she also found a few on the other breast though not as obvious.

she said 99% of the time these things are benign but of course its hard not to worry- I don't think I can wait 3 weeks.

my mum has had benign lumps removed in the past and there's no history of breast cancer in our family so I suppose its a good start.

has anyone else been through this?

sh77 Fri 26-Nov-10 15:13:52

Yes, I have. I had quite a large lump that I got checked out when I was 5 months pregnant. Had an ultrasound and biopsy and it turned out to be benign. After pregnancy, it shrank. I am preg again and it is bigger. So, hormones are affecting it. Better get it checked out for peace of mind.

SaraL77 Fri 26-Nov-10 22:13:12

thanks for your reply sh77 -did you get referred straight away or did you have to wait before they'd biopsy it?

sh77 Fri 26-Nov-10 22:18:22

I had private insurance and so waiting.

Hope all goes well.

Beamur Fri 26-Nov-10 22:30:09

I had a lump checked recently - from GP to hospital appointment was only 12 days. Twas a long 12 days tho...but was found to be harmless. It was glandular tissue that was affected by hormones - I'm not pg. I'd left it a few weeks to see if it went but decided to get a proper check to make sure. (My Mum has had cancer)
Good luck and try not to get too worked up. (Much easier said than done)

SaraL77 Wed 01-Dec-10 09:51:18

thanks Beamur, I'm just worried that I wait 3 weeks before referral, then after that appointment there will be a further wait for results- I'll have had the baby by then and I just don't want this praying on my mind when I've got other things to worry about! oh well, as the midwife said,it is common during pregnancy...

EmmieA Wed 01-Dec-10 09:56:51

My sister had something similar and it was a blocked milk duct x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: