Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Angelsounds,babysounds or sonoline doppler?

(17 Posts)
cameli Fri 26-Nov-10 14:23:29

Thoughts & recommendations please ladies - I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and my middle name is 'paranoid' blush

japhrimel Fri 26-Nov-10 14:58:54

Then don't get one. They're not recommended because so many women either panic when they can't find the heartbeat or don't seek medical advice when they feel something is wrong because they can find the heartbeat.

MadreInglese Fri 26-Nov-10 15:00:04

don't get one, it won't help your paranoia!

Southsearocks Fri 26-Nov-10 19:19:39

I've got an Angelsounds doppler and found it really reassuring. You have to use lube of some description to move it around and you have to spend a little while angling it in different places and in different directions - but I certainly heard the heartbeat loud and clear at 14 weeks and used it often after that.

The nice thing about the Angelsounds one is that you can attach two sets or earphones so you can both listen together smile.

Mine cost about £23 from Amazon.

Natzer Fri 26-Nov-10 19:39:12

I got my Angelsounds delivered today, I bought it because at 19+5 i was panicking that I hadn't felt the baby move. I was very reassured to hear a nice healthy heartbeat.

I bought mine on amazon with a big bottle of lube for about £24 delivered

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 26-Nov-10 19:41:37

If you are paranoid don't get one - it won't make it any easier!

LittleMilla Fri 26-Nov-10 22:28:01

I've just got the angel sounds one. I like to think that I am 'fairly' relaxed. However, I couldn't hear HB the first couple of times and I was starting to panic.

Advice I got was to go low. I found the HB last night literally on my pubic bone and I am 18+6.

It wasn't as easy as I thought, so as others say, I probably wouldn't do it to yourself if slightly paranoid.

Maybe wait until your 16 week appointment to see if MW can pick up the HB? I was able to tell myself, when I couldn't hear it, that she'd found it quickly so I was probably just me being crap.

Plus - it looks like a really cheap/slightly crap bit of kit. So don't expect too much.

PGWomble Fri 26-Nov-10 23:00:00

I used an Angelsounds one from about 16 to 23 weeks for a bit of fun and to help DH get his head around the fact that there's an actual baby in there all the time not just on the scan monitor!

If you do decide to go ahead, use LOTS of the gel and go low. If you know you are a worrier you could restrict yourself to a couple of listening sessions a week as not to become too obsessive, and only use it with someone else there (the Angelsounds one has two headphone sockets).

Agree that it has the look and feel if cheap crap!! Oh, and the translation of the instructions is interesting, but working it is a bit of a no brainer so not a problem.

PGWomble Fri 26-Nov-10 23:01:47

ps. should say that I'm not using it now as since 23 weeks the baby's movements have provided me with reassurance and DH with a chance to feel her kick.

HLSalter Fri 17-Jun-11 16:39:21

I loved the Angel Sounds doppler, was definately worth the money.

On sale on amazon at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AngelSounds-Fetal-Heart-Detector-Doppler/dp/B001NWDUE2/ref=sr_1_14?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1308324766&sr=1-14

BellasYummyMummy Wed 22-Jun-11 10:26:50

i have a pocket doppler, i think i got it second hand off ebay. I am also a worrier, and after 2 previous miscarriages I wouldnt be without it. with my first DD we found the heartbeat at 12 weeks, second DD 10 weeks, and Im currently 9+2 with my third and we heard the heartbeat clear as day last night. I wouldnt be without it. Just be prepared to spend awhile searching for it as it can be tricky depending on where the baby/placenta is.

RugbyWidow7 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:29:19

I have an Angel Sounds doppler and found it really useful early on. Just make sure you use some lube with it. It's so reassuring and actually, really lovely for DH as it makes it more real for him in those early days.

I haven't used it much in the last few weeks (31+3) because as soon as I felt the baby move I didn't feel the need. Though if ever I don't feel much for a while, I pick it up again.

I'd recommend it. Got mine for £24 from Amazon.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Wed 22-Jun-11 12:58:15

I have the Angel Sounds from Amazon bought with a bottle of ultrasound gel. Used it from 14 weeks and it is fab. I have never once not found the HB. It certainly didn' make me more paranoid.

Go for it! It kept me sane!

cameli Wed 22-Jun-11 13:22:52

Thanks ladies but I wrote this post last November. I did hire a Doppler in the end for a couple of months & it did keep me sane.

I am currently BF my 6 week old daughter smile

Withwoman Wed 22-Jun-11 14:10:30

The different uterine sounds can be very difficult to distinguish for the untrained ear. Please, be very aware of your babies movement and act if they do not follow a normal pattern.

These monitors can give a false sense of security. I recommend that women do not buy them.

Scheherezadea Wed 22-Jun-11 15:02:43

I got an angel sounds and it's wonderful smile very easy to find and obvious baby heartbeat, it's really soothing to listen to on a nighttime.

Mine was £18 inc. delivery on play.com!

sungirltan Wed 22-Jun-11 15:06:15

i got one - baby sounds it looks like a ipod. worth it but you will only use it until the baby moves often

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now