Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How many nappies per day?

(13 Posts)
Kiki84 Fri 26-Nov-10 11:56:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lowrib Fri 26-Nov-10 12:00:35

Lots! Little babies can poo a lot! (Although if you breastfeed, sometimes they don't poo for days on end and it's absolutely normal.)

They break you in gently though - little baby poos don't smell. That comes later grin

I can't remember now how many it was, I think perhaps 6 or 7?

These days (2yo) it's not nearly that many.

lowrib Fri 26-Nov-10 12:01:20

The big supermarkets do the the best deals IME.

Jareth Fri 26-Nov-10 12:02:40

between 6-10 here.

Try Lidl nappies, they're brilliant!

hazchem Fri 26-Nov-10 12:38:15

If your looking to save money do have a think about reusable ones. My council gives a rebate also to reduce the intial outlay so you could check with yours.

MoonUnitAlpha Fri 26-Nov-10 12:41:45

12-14 a day for the first month! Lots of newborns poo at every feed and in between. Then probably 6+ after that.

Rhian82 Fri 26-Nov-10 12:44:01

Another plug for cloth nappies - I'd hate the thought of having to buy new nappies all the time, we'd never afford it! Just chuck them in the washing machine every couple of days. It's more expensive at the start though.

Otherwise, though, I'd say about 8-10 a day for a few months.

emsyj Fri 26-Nov-10 13:52:40

I am a cloth nappy user too - but if you do want to use disposables then check out amazon as my friend has just got a brill deal on Pampers on there for the huge boxes.

I use Bumgenius, they're great if you want to try washables.

WalkTheDog Fri 26-Nov-10 14:00:33

Asda have thing that if you sign up will get a voucher and get a free packet of huggie nappies and couple other things. Possibly a few other deals like that about. I'm using resusables so haven't investigated.

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 26-Nov-10 14:03:51

I'd get all the free ones you can for the first few weeks until the poo settles down then use washables - it's not that much extra laundry but it is MUCH cheaper - especially if you're thinking of having more than one DC. I get most of my disposables second hand off either ebay or usednappies.co.uk. Once they arrive I give them a wash in my washing soap so I know they're washed in non-bio and then that is it!

mamasunshine Fri 26-Nov-10 14:33:07

8-12 nappies a day until a little older. Once 6+ months I found 6 a day was all we used. Definately going reusable this time here! You can use muslins with a wrap on for newborns, which I'm going to try.

Kiki84 Sun 28-Nov-10 10:10:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GretnaGirl Sun 28-Nov-10 10:18:58

I find Asda do v good deals on the big brands like Pampers. Also I used cheap own brand nappies during the day when DS was needing changed frequently (first few months) and used the more expensive (but more absorbant I find) for night time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: