Talk

Advanced search

6 weeks and excrutiating trapped wind

(8 Posts)
broccolitrees Fri 26-Nov-10 07:46:44

does anyone else have that??
it is soo painful along with bloating and some stretchy feelings too. i have had some brown spotting this week, but last night it got a bit heavier and i am slightly panicking. i have had mc's in the past so am having an early scan next week anyway, but am going to ring the epau this morning. if anyone can offer any reassurance i would be grateful

Dummyhunter Fri 26-Nov-10 11:09:55

am at the same stage as you - with v bad trapped wind (managed to wake dh with it last night blush) also had the same when pregnant with my dd who is sitting on my knee (7 months old). good luck with the scan - let us know how you got on.

sh77 Fri 26-Nov-10 11:37:33

Try Deflatine by Rennie. Works a treat and says on box that it is suitable for pregnant women.

broccolitrees Fri 26-Nov-10 11:54:47

thanks dummyhunter have to go to gp's this afternoon first re spotting so probs won't get scanned til next week sad
sh - will try the deflatine when i go out for dd; they are sutting the school coz of the snow - cheers

Dummyhunter Fri 26-Nov-10 19:37:54

how did it go at the gps?

broccolitrees Sat 27-Nov-10 08:07:49

not very helpful dummyhunter, gave me all the possible scenarios, mc/ep (unlikely)/perfectly normal pregnancy etc. have to wait til next week for scheduled scan unless pain/spotting worse. am already under an obstetrician [mc's and premature birth in the past) but i couldn't get hold of her secretary yesterday got someone else who wasn't very helpful and told me to go to gp first which was as above. wondering why i need to be under an obstetrician if i am not going to be scanned in the event of bleedinghmm

stickersarecurrency Sat 27-Nov-10 08:12:41

Sorry you're going through all this.

Re the wind, try getting down on all fours and then pressing your chest and shoulders to the ground while keeping your bum elevated for a few minutes a few times a day. Shifts trapped wind better than anything else I've ever tried. I also found that cutting out processed carbs (so no white bread, white rice, white pasta) and replacing them with good portions of wholemeal equivalents really helped me.

TarkaLiotta Sat 27-Nov-10 08:50:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now