Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

extra warm maternity PJs

(13 Posts)
bessie26 Thu 25-Nov-10 21:26:13

We're off to visit SIL in the new year & her house is absolutely freezing! (and I am a complete wuss & hate the cold!)

Any idea where I can get some extra warm maternity PJs from? I don't care how totally un-sexy they are - I just want to stay warm!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 25-Nov-10 21:27:47

How pregnant will you be? I was always boiling when I was preganant (in fact I'm wishing I was again now!)

Can you just layer up whatever you've got and wear socks? Take an extra blanket etc?

Sazisi Thu 25-Nov-10 21:29:54

Over here in Eire, Dunnes and Penneys (Primark there I think?) do really warm fleecey pjs; they're not maternity, but you could just go up a size or two. They are cheap as chips too

bessie26 Thu 25-Nov-10 21:57:06

I will be about 25wks when we go. Last time I was pg I didn't get any warmer - I am really really hoping that happens though - Our house is lovely & warm, but I have been wearing bed socks since Aug/Sept!

Layering up is a really sensible idea (why didn't I think of that? hmm, will have to see if any of DHs fleeces are suitable for me to steal borrow!

Am liking the idea of fleecy PJs though - will have to pop into Primark the next time I'm in town (can you believe, they don't have an online store?!)

duke748 Thu 25-Nov-10 22:18:25

I just bought myself a couple of pairs of PJs from La Senza.

La Senza

They come in sizes such as medium, large and extra large.

Hope that helps.

canyou Thu 25-Nov-10 22:26:13

I have the Primak ones they are so cosy and they have fluffy socks that keep toes so warm I don't need DP in the bed to keep me cosy grin The dressing gowns are also very warm, they make great dusters when worn out

JustKeepSparkling Fri 26-Nov-10 07:23:39

Primark or Matalan; fleecy ones that you just go up a size or two.

I'm 19+5 and normally an 8/10, got some 12s in Matalan that fit fine with some stretch left in them

cotswolder Fri 26-Nov-10 08:57:17

Sainsburys. Not maternity but good, comfy and cheap! agree with the layering.

bettywobble Fri 26-Nov-10 09:54:29

tesco have fleecy pjs that are really cheap I just bought the next size up and theyre fine.

bettywobble Fri 26-Nov-10 09:57:00

o and I got a massive thick fleecy dressing down thre too with a hood so I generally wear that all day long too haha (its currently minus 5 here with 4 inches of snow lol grin

ShuffleBallChange Sun 28-Nov-10 08:09:43

Fleecy all in one, like a big babygro in next size up, from Primark, I wear it all the time - its sooo comfy. I look ridiculous as Im now 36 weeks, but who cares!!

LDNlady Sun 28-Nov-10 09:28:09

Oh my god ShuffleBallChange I have been looking for an adult sized all in one for ages and now to hear that there's one that is fleecy too is just fabulous. Only problem is the nearest Primark for me is on Oxford Street. I've been in twice and each time I've had to refrain from killing everyone in there because of how crazy busy it is. Goodness knows my reaction now I'm pregnant!!!

ShuffleBallChange Tue 30-Nov-10 12:41:16

Oooohh good luck LDNlady, my sister got mine for me, just go crazy lady on the crowds!! Your best bet is going in for when they first open - hope you get one, they are soooooo comfy xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: