Talk

Advanced search

Why did no one warn me.........

(10 Posts)
LDNlady Thu 25-Nov-10 19:25:09

....about the inconsolable crying over what amounts to nothing really?

I just sat in a luke warm bath, balling my eyes out for ten minutes, over the fact that once again my heating system decided only to heat the house and not the hot water. The mascara dripping off my chin and into the water kind of made me realise that I could well be making too much of the whole situation!!

knittakid Thu 25-Nov-10 19:33:16

Completely sympatize. Two days of the smallest thing making me cry like a baby, I am even still crying for the death of two characters in a book that I finished almost a week ago, or the 'tone' DH talks to me. Cold water would def. have me in tears. I had been doing really well with the hormones thing so far, but 27 weeks is obviously too much.

Mercedes519 Thu 25-Nov-10 19:34:57

Would you have believed them? I'm not emotional as a rule but when i was pregnant I had to stop watching programmes like ER because I cried at EVERY sad plotline. I even cried at Charmed.

Good news, it's normal. Bad news, the hormones wear off at about 3 months after bub is born - get used to it!!

GretnaGirl Thu 25-Nov-10 19:38:12

There's no hope for me then, I cried at ER every week even when I wasn't pregnant!

CrazyPlateLady Thu 25-Nov-10 19:59:54

Oh god!! I have been inconsolable over the most ridiculous things. I was terrified after I had DS and begged DH not to leave, but visiting hours were up and he had to go.

Spent the next 5-6 months like it. Worse time was when DS was just moaning in the day when he would only have 3 half hour sleeps a day and getting him to have those sleeps were a nightmare, I threw his rattle and it cracked (not at him!!). I had to get DH home from work as I was in such a state and the guilt over cracking the rattle has never gone away.

I got help for PND after that though.

This pregnancy has set me off in little ways. I can't deal with any minor conflict in a rational way. The world is ending and thats it. smile

Luckily its just the hormones, I'm not usually like it. Could watch a scene in the new Harry Potter film though. sad

LDNlady Thu 25-Nov-10 20:10:50

I was just so very surprised at how upset such a relatively small thing could make me feel. I'm 12 weeks and just wondering how much worse it's going to get. Thankfully ( I think ) hubby is out so hasn't had to witness my big old cry over nothing. He would have wonderd what the hell was going on!

LunaticFringe Thu 25-Nov-10 20:46:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

janedoe25 Thu 25-Nov-10 22:19:57

Yip i was hysterical earlier because my toaster broke and i HAD to have some toast! Although it didn't occur to me to use the grill! blush

valentinemum10 Fri 26-Nov-10 08:01:16

hi,
a complete stranger made me cry yesterday on the bus.I tried to move my legs out of the way to let the woman next to me get past to get off. given my heavily burdened state i could hardly move fast enough and she shoved past me then turned round and said ' don't trouble yerself luv!' in a loud sarcastic voice! i was so shocked , the tears started to well up & i just wanted to scream I'm too f**kin pregnant to move you B**ch!'
I did have a big puffy coat on but its seems obvious to me i have a big lump in front of me when the rest of me is still petite!
i can't believe it upset me for hours when ordinarily i would have told her where to go!
aaahhh!
thanks for letting me rant this out!

GlitteryBalls Fri 26-Nov-10 15:37:11

I'm sorry, but a lukewarm bath would definitely make me cry too. I hear you sister! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now