Talk

Advanced search

8 months of morning sickness so far, please tell me I'll feel better when the baby comes

(9 Posts)
17inmyhead Tue 23-Nov-10 17:18:13

So I'm not a newbie at this - I've already got one DD so I know the first few weeks and months of having a new baby are exhausting as hell. But I've been feeling so sick and tired this whole pregnancy so far, I just need a reminder from other mums out there that this feeling of being 'ill' will go when the baby comes. The thought of 'just' dealing with sleep deprivation sounds strangely wonderful to me!

BreastmilkDoesAFabLatte Tue 23-Nov-10 17:50:18

You will feel better. I'm sorry you're having such a crap time of it. I found pregnancy with DD much, much more tiring than the early weeks of sleep deprivation. I hope the final month goes swiftly for you...

suiledonne Tue 23-Nov-10 17:54:45

Yes. You will feel a million times better.

I had hyperemesis in both my pregnancies. The first time round I was vomiting right til the morning before I gave birth. I felt awful right though the pregnancy. Horrible tast in my mouth, couldn't enjoy food (or life). I gave birth to dd1 at 7.30am. The breakfast I had back on the ward is the best meal I ever ate - and it was only tea and toast and cornflakes.

I have several friends who sailed through pregnancy but found adjusting to life afterwards very difficult, especially the second time round.

For me it was a walk in the park compared to the misery of pregnancy.

FrumpyPumpy Tue 23-Nov-10 18:06:20

Am on pg 5. Horrendous sickness every time. Stopped within 20 mins each time... Good luck - nearly there!!

AlpinePony Tue 23-Nov-10 18:37:41

I was still puking the day I had my son and I puked as they were sewing me up. Haven't puked since and within 2 weeks had my brain back too! grin

niamh29 Tue 23-Nov-10 20:38:42

Yeah, I'm another one who had morning sickness the whole way through with both my pregnancies, esp with DD2, was sick and exhausted for 9 months, after she was born I immediately felt better, it said a lot that I felt better after having a cs than when I was pregnant, sleepless nights were a doddle cause I had my energy back and could eat again.
And another little bit of hope is that I'm on pregnancy 3 and I'm not as sick this time!!!

17inmyhead Tue 23-Nov-10 21:36:49

Thank you ladies, that's just what I needed to hear. Given me the strength to cope with the last 7 weeks!

AlpinePony Wed 24-Nov-10 07:51:32

Exactly as Niamh said - recovery from an emcs and looking after a newborn was a piece of piss with all the energy I had back again!

Good luck for the last stretch 17 - I'm TTC again right now and I do realise I'm (probably) signing myself up for 8 months of sofa-bound misery. grin

caramellokoalalover Wed 24-Nov-10 09:25:13

Another one here who was puking through labour. I can honestly say I never enjoyed eating as much as those hospital meals I ate the days after DC was born. You will feel better and sleep deprivation will be a breeze without the sickness! Nearly there now, hang in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now