Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

how tired are / were you at 39 weeks?

(9 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Tue 23-Nov-10 10:18:38

Im exhausted. Physically hurt. I need to go to bed... DD is 4 and sleeps through the night, I get about 7 - 9 hrs sleep a night but I actually feel sick Im that tired.

Is this normal?

notnowbernard Tue 23-Nov-10 10:22:07

It was for me with DC3

In fact, my overriding feeling when he was born (following the initial elation of coursewink) was THANK FUCK i am not pregnat anymore

The tiredness of pregnancy was FAR more debilitating than any newborn-induced sleep deprivation

Not long for you now, though smile

MummyBerryJuice Tue 23-Nov-10 10:25:37

I was ok at 38 week 4 but the next day was completely wiped out. Couldn't get of the sofa all day. I went into labour the following day (at 38w6). So... I guess I'm saying your baby may be on the way! Yay!

OnlyWantsOne Tue 23-Nov-10 10:38:36

the house is mess

I have 4 loads of washing to do / dry / put away

All the beds need making up as I stripped them all this morning.

Both bathrooms stink of cleaning products burning the grime off

am I nesting?

MummyBerryJuice Tue 23-Nov-10 10:42:55

Sounds like you are. grin

Not long now, I'd think.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 23-Nov-10 10:47:34

too tired to be in labour

Bonsoir Tue 23-Nov-10 10:48:58

I was shattered in the last bit of pregnancy - I slept for four hours straight every afternoon.

slimyak Tue 23-Nov-10 10:59:36

I'm already knackered at 31 weeks this time. I think it's the lack of lie ins in my life that I took full advantage of when pregnant with DD1.

Becaue of a few health issues I'm off on Maternity Leave at the end of next week when I just be 33 weeks and plan to do something really useful like sleep for 2.5hours in the afternoon when DD is at school nursery.

I was heavily pregnant in summer last time and I do think the cold and dark makes it harder.

naomiclarke1987 Tue 23-Nov-10 12:08:13

yeah, i'm 39 weeks now and i am constantly exhausted. My whole body just aches - especially my back and my knees - i think they are just crumbleing under the excess weight!

As much as i can't wait for baby to be here, i seriously can not wait to get my body back to some kind of normality!

Hopefully it will be any day now for us x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: