Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Posterior baby - vbac chances?

(3 Posts)
goodlifemummy Mon 22-Nov-10 21:04:26

Hi There

I am 36 weeks and was hoping for a vbac, but baby is posterior (not entirely) and was wondering if anyone had a successful vbac with a posterior bubba? Am seeing the consultant on Wed, but wanted to try and guage the situation beforehand, and go in armed. Not over-keen on having an epidural, but more worried about having an unsuccessful labour, and then a cs aswell. Feel like I'm rambling!! I know I still have a few weeks, so will do all I can to move the baby!

<waddles off to find birthing ball>

slimyak Tue 23-Nov-10 11:39:22

I've never had a section, hopefully someone more experience will come along and give you advice soon. However I have had a posterior back to back labour and for me it went fine. I kept up-right and mobile through-out and 'hula'd that baby out. I would say if you go for it, find a position that suits you and don't let anyone convince you that you should do otherwise for their convenience. I had a midwife that suggested I lie on the bed for a while and the pain was excruciating compared to standing and leaning forward.

Currently pregnant with number 2 and have an anterior placenta so wouldn't be surprized if it's another back to back. I have been assured that they can turn during labour too so it might not be a factor in deciding whether to go for a VBAC.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well!

goodlifemummy Tue 23-Nov-10 17:16:01

Thanks so much for your reply - I do have an anterior placenta too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: