Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is this a normal foetal heart rate for 24 weeks?

(5 Posts)
BeanInMyBelly Mon 22-Nov-10 16:36:21

Hey all, just been to my midwife appointment (first baby). I am currently 24 weeks 2 days, and the midwife said everything looks good etc protein, iron, bp, bump measurements, fhr etc fine. Only thing that made me worry slightly is that this time the heart beat was 128, but at my last appointment (around 16 weeks)it was 140/150. Is this normal? Bean was kicking away during the appointment, and has been kicking regularly (sp?) throughout the day most days, just the difference between the two appointments made me wonder! x

porcupine11 Mon 22-Nov-10 16:38:51

Completely normal & fast heartrate is suggestive of a girl (they say) although DS1 had 140 throughout so it didn't work for me. In labour DS1's heartrate went up to 180 at least!

ursulabear Tue 23-Nov-10 15:31:54

my babys heartbeat has always been 140-155 and this is completely normal i was told. I just love hearing the lil heartbeat goin like the clappers! so cute

northerngoldilocks Tue 23-Nov-10 16:21:12

I wouldn't worry about it -have just checked my notes and at my 12 week scan it was 169, at 16 weeks was between 150-160 and at 23 weeks it was 138. Seems that its all totally normal - your midwife would have told you if not too.

StrangewaysHereICome Tue 23-Nov-10 17:10:20

Sounds completely normal to me - my mw said 140 is average so above and below is normal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: