Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

excercise at home

(5 Posts)
naturalbaby Mon 22-Nov-10 16:06:31

in my last pregnancies i used the gym and swam several time a week but now the best excercise i'm getting is running round after my toddlers. i've got a pilates for pregnancy dvd but has anyone got any other pregnancy excercise ideas they can recommend?

my whole body is complaining and i'm feeling v.unfit and totally not ready to go through labour. am also not helping by eating far too many biscuits and chocolate, have got 10 weeks to sort myself out!

lilly13 Mon 22-Nov-10 16:22:51

have you done yoga before? if so, i would recommend a yoga DVD. i've got Shiva Rea and it is quite good.

llareggub Mon 22-Nov-10 16:27:50

Davina McCall does an exercise DVD specifically for pregnancy. I used it; it was fairly undemanding in the early stages but was tougher in the 3rd trimester!

JBrd Mon 22-Nov-10 16:33:09

I've just bought Erin O'Brien's 'Complete Pregnancy Fitness' DVD, which has been highly recommended. I haven't tried it yet, but had a quick look, and it seems really good.

BeanInMyBelly Mon 22-Nov-10 16:41:27

I've been using Erin O'Brien's DVD, have really enjoyed it. I did a lot of cardio before pregnancy, and when I tried it at 2 weeks pregnant I still found it challenging - I will probably carry on using it after giving birth as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: