Talk

Advanced search

Symptom free pregnancy anyone?

(21 Posts)
emmylou30 Mon 22-Nov-10 13:20:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

TooImmature2BMum Mon 22-Nov-10 13:23:55

Me! I had hardly any symptoms, apart from slightly tender boobs. I wouldn't call them sore, just a bit full, really. Don't worry about a lack of symptoms - it doesn't mean a thing. I developed some nauseau a few weeks on (maybe 10 weeks), but it was never very bad and it went away quickly. I think I'm just lucky (so far!).

frakkinup Mon 22-Nov-10 13:24:05

Yes and I worried pretty much up til about a week ago when I started looking pregnant and then the baby moved!

I had a few bouts of dizziness and feel really tired but those are my only signs.

My opinion is that we're just one of the lucky few that don't suffer in pregnancy, or at least don't suffer in the traditional ways, because I do feel ridiculously hormonal - like I have constant PMT.

emmylou30 Mon 22-Nov-10 13:31:36

MissLolita Mon 22-Nov-10 14:08:12

Hi Emmylou, me too!
I'm one day behind you and to be honest there is hardly any evidence I'm pregnant. My boobs are fine, I don't feel really tired, no real nausea as such and I'm not anymore emotional than usual! The only thing I have is a feeling of being slightly hung-over every now and again (obviously not caused by an actual hangover!)- hungry, lethargic and slightly headachy.
I can know understand how people don't realise they are pregnant. And yes, I know I could be tempting fate and I might turn into one of those people whose symptoms appear later on and I will regret this post later!
The worst thing I have had is that I can't take any proper drugs for my sciatica and I have a hacking cough which I can't take any proper cough mixture for (the pharmacist has given me glycerine and honey which is both disgusting and useless - it is literally sugar, water and lemon juice - pah, give me Benylin!)
Where are you having your early scan? I have my first m/w apt next Wednesday so I'm hoping to get an idea about when my scan might be then. The waiting is horrible...

pinkpeony Mon 22-Nov-10 14:14:10

Am 31 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and has been almost symptom-free - no nausea, no sore boobs, no bloating, no funny smells - only symptoms were extreme tiredness in 1st trimester and frequent trips to loo (which sadly have not stopped). With 1st pregnancy, had far more symptoms (all of the above), so can really vary for each pregnancy I suppose.

emmylou30 Mon 22-Nov-10 14:25:21

Balsam Mon 22-Nov-10 14:35:29

Me too. Am on my second pregnancy and barely had any symptoms for either. No nausea, no ankle swelling, nothing much at all. I did get more things towards the end with the first one but they tended to be actual physical side effects of having a baby inside you - indigestion, backache, general muscle weariness.

Just lucky!

lilly13 Mon 22-Nov-10 16:35:40

Hi Emmylou, I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms besides a slightly swallen breasts and desire to eat more citrus fruit than usual... Did not have morning sickness and was not tired at all... I do not crave any junk food or sweets, nor do I have any other food cravings for that matter... After reading other posts on Mnet, I concluded that I have been very very lucky. Looks like you are too! Congrats!

BellsaRinging Mon 22-Nov-10 16:38:03

Me neither. And I now have a very healthy 6 week old. So fret not, and enjoy your luck!

LeroyJethroGibbs Mon 22-Nov-10 16:42:15

Message withdrawn

tlise Mon 22-Nov-10 16:51:51

Im nearly 20 weeks and apart from feeling sick for a few days and sore boobs, nothing. This is the only time out of 6 pregnancies that I haven't gone off tea or coffee or Ketchup! Smells don't even seem to affect me lol. And apart from feeling like I have put weight on, I don't even feel pregnant as he seems to choose his time to start moving. If I hadn't already had a girl (rest were boys) would think that was why it was different but thats not it. I am more tired but thats it

kalo12 Mon 22-Nov-10 19:19:28

no symptoms for me except stomach cramps which are frightening the life out of me as had two mcs in last year. 6 weeks preg now and am praying for a sign

coraltoes Mon 22-Nov-10 19:25:52

i didnt know i was pregnant til around your stage so i was as symptom free as it gets! Morning sickness kicked in from week 9-11 i think...then vanished (phew!)

loopylo Mon 22-Nov-10 19:30:34

DD is now 6 weeks old and I had absolutely no symptoms throughout pregnancy appart from the obvious bump/weight gain. Was able to cycle right up until the day before giving birth. Hope I'm that lucky next time. But initially I was worried that something was wrong as I felt normal and had no sickness.

PipPipPip Mon 22-Nov-10 20:03:02

I've had a fab pregnancy so far (touch wood touch wood!)

I'm 22 weeks and, apart from being pretty tired in the first couple of months, I've felt like my 'normal self' the whole time.

My boobs and tummy didn't start growing for a couple of months, I have had no morning sickness, no cramps, no nausea. Nothing!

Even now I wouldn't really say that I 'feel pregnant' until I look down and see a fat tummy, or occasionally feel the baby wiggle.

I think you should just (touch wood) enjoy your luck

kalo12 Thu 25-Nov-10 10:41:34

how you getting on Emmylou?

Riddzy Thu 25-Nov-10 10:48:49

I'm the same, Emmylou - this is my first pregnancy (8+5 I think). My boobs suddenly became enormous which is what first tipped me off, and I had a little bit of tenderness but this has gone now. I'm feeling very fat around the stomach and face, but no weird cravings, mood swings or exhaustion. Aside from the usual reluctance to get out of bed on a cold, dark morning, that is.

I can't help but worry about it but I'm seeing the midwife on Saturday so hopefully she'll have positive words for me.

natmay27 Thu 25-Nov-10 12:17:24

hello...i am 13 and 2 and have had only stomach cramps at 5 6 and 7 wks! no other symptoms at all. convinced myself i wasnt actually pregnant so when we went for scan and saw the little baby was weird!
good luck all!

Cyclebump Thu 25-Nov-10 12:28:27

I started out with symptoms (ms, knackeredness etc) but am now 21+3 and sometimes forget I'm pg when I first wake up.

I get ligament pain if I walk far or stand too long, but as I have dodgy hips, that's par for the course for me anyway! My energy's back, my boobs feel fine and, as I was a 34G before, I've only gone up to a 36H and when you're that top heavy already it's not that noticeable.

I've had acne since the dawn of time so am used to getting spots and, if anything, it's slightly better. Am starting to feel rather guilty for my pregnancy being so hassle-free. DP keeps telling me I must rest (I have two jobs and work six days a week) but I feel fine, great even.

Pinetreeland Thu 25-Nov-10 16:51:32

I am 28+1 and I had hardly any symptoms so far neither! Got a bit of tender breast that didn't last very long and a bit of nausea if I have eaten too much. But I was indeed very tired in the first trimester and have to sleep at least 9 hours a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now