Talk

Advanced search

is it usual for baby's movements at 37 weeks to be quite unpleasant?

(9 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 22-Nov-10 11:52:17

Baby is a little bit engaged (4/5 last time I saw midwife but feels a bit lower down since then). It is making some funny movements though - ones that really don't seem that pleasant, like it is plucking my bladder with it's fingers (which possible it is), hooking my ribs with its toes (which it possibly also is) and headbutting the top of my cervix (almost definitely is). Is it usual for movements at this stage to be icky and unpleasant rather than the nice flips and shuffles from a few weeks ago?

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 22-Nov-10 11:57:07

I dont know if it is normal, but bloody unpleasant. I was convinced my DD was trying to kick her way out through my chest and begged the obstetrician I saw to deliver her before she stopped my heart. the OB looked like this hmm and declined.
OTOH, I really loathed the feel of DD moving at all and only encouraged it when I was laying in bed so she would kick DH.
Not long now for you though.

LittleB Mon 22-Nov-10 12:36:34

I'm already finding some movements quite uncomfortable and I'm only 35wks. When dd was inside I was sure she was poking me in the cervix and trying to push her way out, turns out she was as she was born with her hand on her head!

PaigeTurner Mon 22-Nov-10 12:43:38

Yeah, I get the feeling he's holding on to my hip bones and headbutting me sometimes.

MrsGubbins Mon 22-Nov-10 12:56:39

I'm 39+3 and my baby has got my sciatic nerve in one hand and is flicking my bladder with the other hand.... the little darling

Balsam Mon 22-Nov-10 14:38:28

Usual. Feels uncomfortable and unpleasant most of the time. Which when you think about it, you have something pushing, kicking and poking your internal organs - bound to feel yucky.

MedicalEd Mon 22-Nov-10 15:54:37

Mine has been stomping on my cervix all day today. Makes you feel really odd. Am 28+6. I have been trying to think up ways to get her to change position without attracting strange looks in the office.

NeedToSleepZZZ Mon 22-Nov-10 16:24:04

I'm sure mine is going to come out fist first like superman by the way he enjoys punching my cervix! very strange feeling, i didn't know where my cervix was until recently (well, i knew it wasn't in my foot but you know what i mean).

EmmieA Mon 22-Nov-10 16:28:26

I feel the same, like it is big enough to hit hip bones and kick me in ribs at the same time. MW said an active baby is a healthy baby so I guess it is good. Do sometimes feel like I have to hold onto seat while it moves as it is quite uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now