Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sore, chapped nipples

(11 Posts)
JenniferR Sun 21-Nov-10 15:22:45

Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone else has suffered with dry chapped nipples when pregnant? I'm 17wks and the pain is sometimes terrible. Doc gave me a variety of creams but none work.
Has anyone else had this and do you have any tips to improve this?

Thanks

Jx

thisisyesterday Sun 21-Nov-10 15:24:50

i didn't have it, but have you tried Lansinoh? I used that when breastfeeding and it was great. might be one of the ones the GP has tried already tho

PDR Sun 21-Nov-10 16:39:19

Have you got any colostum in your boobs yet? I'm not sure if people advise this but I squeeze a bit out and rub it around the nipple area and it works like magic! I'm 27ish weeks though so a bit further along.

PDR Sun 21-Nov-10 16:39:58

ps. lanisoh is currently 1/2 price in Sainsbury's

JenniferR Mon 22-Nov-10 10:02:40

Thank you for the tips! I will def try this.

Best wishes

Jx

debka Mon 22-Nov-10 10:04:05

LANSINOH HALF PRICE IN SAINSBURY'S????!!!!
Top tip of the day, PDR, will be down there IN A FLASH!!

autumnberry Mon 22-Nov-10 10:32:25

I had really sore nipples 15-18 weeks. Best remedy was DP blush

japhrimel Mon 22-Nov-10 11:42:42

I'd avoid using any products other than a little of the Lansinoh type. The glands in your nipples should be starting to produce the oils to keep them soft and soaps and lotions could strip these away.

Sore nipples in pregnancy often has nothing to do with the skin IME - they just hurt.

PDR Mon 22-Nov-10 11:46:41

Yes dedka get down there! All manner of other baby things (wipes, creams etc) all 1/2 price too Ends on 24th (I think).

emmyloo2 Mon 22-Nov-10 13:43:47

I have had terribly sore nipples from the minute I got pregnant. I tried Lanisoh but it didn't really fix it for me. However I have exczema (sp?) so it could have been that on my nipples. I used my dermalogica face cream which is the only thing i can use on my skin and also used my cortisone steroid cream which was the only thing that fixed them but probably very very bad!! It actually cleared up towards the end of the pregnancy.

I would give Lanisoh a shot though because it certainly won't do any harm.

Cyclebump Mon 22-Nov-10 14:21:52

Lanisoh solved mine, it started about the same time as OP and now I'm at 21 weeks I apply it after every shower.

They've gone from being the most sore they've ever been to the softest they've ever been! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: