Talk

Advanced search

Think I have a UTI, do I ring the OOH doctor or the midwife?

(11 Posts)
immortalbeloved Sun 21-Nov-10 12:57:03

I know I should know this really blush but am I supposed to call the midwife or the doctor?

As it's sunday I've only got 'emergency' numbers for the midwife which this obviously isn't, but will the out of hours doctor just tell me to talk to MW?

CocoPopsAddict Sun 21-Nov-10 13:03:55

How bad is it? Are you sure it's a UTI? If you can, I would try and make a same-day appointment tomorrow morning, and nurse yourself through by drinking lots of water and cranberry juice.

CocoPopsAddict Sun 21-Nov-10 13:04:39

Same-day appointment with your GP, I mean.

me23 Sun 21-Nov-10 13:10:40

call the dr mws cannot prescribe medication and you probably need antibiotics though I would wait until tomorrow if it isn't too bad, but if you have fever, vomitting or kidney pain then call today.

immortalbeloved Sun 21-Nov-10 13:11:58

Thanks coco, it's not tooo bad I guess, I think it's been building for a few days (needing to pee every five minutes) but today I've got the burning feeling and I'm feeling crampy. I'm 25 weeks, not sure if that makes a difference?

Ok so doctors for me in the morning then grin I'll send DH out for some cranberry juice

immortalbeloved Sun 21-Nov-10 13:13:07

Sorry me23 x-posts, thank you, I will call the doctor in the morning

corblimeymadam Sun 21-Nov-10 13:13:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pushmepullyou Sun 21-Nov-10 13:20:19

Ring today. Untreated UTIs can cause premature labour. You will probably be fine but it's not really worth the risk

CocoPopsAddict Sun 21-Nov-10 14:27:34

Not sure what you mean by 'feeling crampy' - sounds a bit odd. You could call the out-of-hours doctor just to give symptoms and ask their advice.

PDR Sun 21-Nov-10 16:46:40

Ppl on here told me not to drink cranberry when I had recurrant UTIs as it makes your wee more acidic and therefore more painful. I think its more of a preventative than a cure.

sillysow Sun 21-Nov-10 17:25:03

Ring to OOH Gps ( I work for one provider). They will be more than happy to help and no doubt you could be booked into a treatment centre which is no real hassle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now