Talk

Advanced search

Braxton-Hicks at 22 weeks?!

(11 Posts)
Petalouda Sun 21-Nov-10 10:40:29

Morning!

I'm pretty sure that I've had a few braxton-hicks this morning!

I'm not overly worried, at least 2 pieces of literature mention BH starting at 23 weeks, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

ReshapeWhileDamp Sun 21-Nov-10 10:48:59

Is it your first pregnancy? BHs are more common earlier with subsequent ones, and can be a lot stronger too. But I did have BHs quite early on with DS1 too - about the mid-20s weeks, I suppose. Talk to your MW if you're worried. smile

Petalouda Sun 21-Nov-10 10:53:50

Yep, first pregnancy. I'm not too concerned - it wasn't painful, there's nothing else going on, baby's only just settled down after HOURS of kicking and rolling!

Just wondering if other people experience this!

Thanks!

Octaviapink Sun 21-Nov-10 10:55:44

I had BH from 20 weeks with dd.

MummyBerryJuice Sun 21-Nov-10 11:01:43

I had quite intense BH from about 20weeks with DS. Found it extremely stress full tbh they were never painful and never regular (but I'm a massive worrier grin). It is completely normal and I think that when you have very active baby it is more common.

Good luck.

Petalouda Sun 21-Nov-10 11:12:13

Ah, MummyBerryJuice I like the connection with active babies!

As this is my first, I've nothing to compare this to, but I have had my suspicions that he's more active than the average! At the 20wk scan the sonographer commented on how muscular his arms and legs were!

Fortunately, though usually a worrier, I'm quite calm & pragmatic about this. He's still active, there's no sign of fluid loss. And there's been nothing for a couple of hours, now!

Thanks for your stories!

CrazyPlateLady Sun 21-Nov-10 11:58:28

Never had them (that I noticed) with DS. This time I have had them from around 20 weeks, quite frequently in the evenings mainly.

Funnily enough, DS was a very active baby and a very active toddler that never slept much in the day as a baby. This one doens't move half as often as DS did!

Southsearocks Sun 21-Nov-10 18:25:24

I'm 23 wk and I don't know if I'd know it was BH if it happened - what does it feel/look like? I've had days where my bump has been really tight - is that it? Lasted all day though....

mamacorner Sun 21-Nov-10 20:17:55

Hi, I've had BH with all 3DC's from early on. I always thought they were something everyone experienced until this pregnancy( and MN... not around when I had my other two 10+ years ago!). I'm 28weeks with my 3rd and get several "tightenings" every day and have been having them for the last couple of months, triggered by all sorts of things. Not painful but can be uncomfortable. All quite normal, I believe.

jellyhead188 Mon 22-Nov-10 09:35:29

I had them from 14 weeks with my first child, from about 30 weeks with my second and been having them from about 12 weeks this time

try not to worry xx

mubm Mon 22-Nov-10 10:43:25

I had them from 20 weeks with ds1 and now from 14 weeks with ds2. They come more when I'm tired, when I have a full bladder or tummy, and when I'm exerting myself. I really wouldn't worry if I were you. I like to think that my uterus is extra strong for having so many BHs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now