Talk

Advanced search

6wks and struggling with nausea

(10 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Sat 20-Nov-10 08:48:55

Just want to curl up in bed and stay there!! Feel truly awful and worse as each day passes. I know its a good sign and all that but im really struggling to get on. I have three ds' age 11, 4 and 3 he older one when here is fabby with helping but he does visit his dad.

I just want to be able to cope. Tried eating little often what else to try i really do feel truly awful today!

chocolatespiders Sat 20-Nov-10 08:52:50

have you tried anything ginger?
ginger tea
ginger biscuits

I had terrible nausea and ended up having accupunture.

MuffinMouse Sat 20-Nov-10 08:57:58

The only thing that worked for me was high fat, high carbs. I didn't eat bread before being pg, but found that white toast and butter did the trick. Got rid of it straight away. I began to be able to anticipate the nausea too. I know other people find gingernuts help - but they didn't work for me.

I do feel for you. It's rubbish when you feel rotten and have other children and can't always rest when you need to. Is there anywhere you can take your DSs to just so you can sit and chill? When I'm totally kn***** I go to the local indoor play/wacky warehouse for an hour, with a mag. Works wonders!

Mmmaa Sat 20-Nov-10 10:08:49

I had really bad nausea and the only things that helped were ginger tea, plain, dry toast and ice pops.

Hope you feel better soon

nicki1978 Sat 20-Nov-10 10:09:40

I know how you feel nicola, I have had this awful nausea since about 5 weeks and the thought of eating even a slice of toast made me worse. so the prospect of this nausea being around until about 12 weeks didn't bear thinking about. I got to the point last week that I was starting to be concerned about our baby as I haven't put any weight on at all (although I haven't lost either).

However, I woke up this morning (9 weeks) and to my delight feel for the first time that I could eat a whole breakfast (no nausea, yeah!!). Not sure how long it will last, but am going to make the most of it and eat while the goings good, lol x

ParisPreMom Mon 22-Nov-10 13:08:41

I find rice cakes really help.

PaigeTurner Mon 22-Nov-10 13:18:03

Can of coke and packet of hula hoops.

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Nov-10 13:39:35

seabands!!!

wideratthehips Mon 22-Nov-10 14:01:10

i had awful nausea all the way through with my three. things that would help

plain digestives....nibble one before you get out of bed in the morning

travel sweets...the ones that come in tins with the dusting of sugar on them

carrs cheese melts biscuits

a good chunk of fresh ginger grated into a mug and stewed with boiling water, then drink with some sugar in if you like

hula hoops!

instant soup packets...bleurgh dont drink them or eat hula hoops in 'rl' but it must have been the saltiness that helped

midori1999 Mon 22-Nov-10 15:34:19

The only thing that helps me is forcing myself to eat something. The main problem is, the thought of eating most things is vile. I can eat toast with peanut butter and marg. on it or crisps in the mornings if I force myself. A couple of weeks ago I was having supernoodles for breakfast as they were all I could face.

If I let myself get hungry, the nausea gets much worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now