Talk

Advanced search

lumpy bumpy privates

(12 Posts)
ThatllDoPig Fri 19-Nov-10 19:51:34

It's nasty.
Not first pregnancy, but first time experienced this.
I can't be the only one. Will everything return to normal ??!

DomesticGoddess31 Fri 19-Nov-10 20:28:37

Hi ThatllDoPig, I get the same...i find it's when I'm experiencing a change in hormones. It should pass, might take a number of weeks tho.

ThatllDoPig Fri 19-Nov-10 20:48:11

Thanks for replying! I was seriously starting to think maybe it was just me! Hope you are right.

planner26 Fri 19-Nov-10 20:55:49

I had this a bit earlier on in my pregnancy. Got really concerned it was permanent and something horrible like varicose veins etc. but it went away! Hope this reassures you!

PrettyCandles Fri 19-Nov-10 21:00:21

They're called vulval varicosities ie varicose veins in your ladybits and there's nothing you can do about them. They will disappear after you give birth. Warning: they leave your bits as baggy and wrinkly as an old man's scrotum, but this too shrinks away and you eventually return to normal.

If they're bothering you, try putting a maternity pad in your knickers, the counter-pressure seems to ease the discomfort.

Ahh the joys of motherhood...

ThatllDoPig Fri 19-Nov-10 21:07:42

prettycandles your post make me laugh and cringe at the same time!
How long till the gimmer scrotum disolves afterwards!?

lovechristmas Fri 19-Nov-10 21:11:12

Bless you for posting, and hooray for PrettyCandles there is hope for us both xxx

PrettyCandles Fri 19-Nov-10 21:35:08

IIRC the veins shrink back within days of delivery. The gimmerousness takes longer, probably a few weeks.

Labella77 Sat 20-Nov-10 10:58:24

God i had this first pregnancy and it was painful, but vv's as i called then went as soon as the pressure was off. Not looking forward to their return this time.

George26 Sat 20-Nov-10 20:10:32

I got them at 22wks when pg with DD, and just wore a sanitary towel in my pants for "support" (they disappeared within days of giving birth).

I noticed them at 14wks this time <sob> and posted on here for help & support - thankfully some wonderful ladies came back with some good ideas grin

I got some support tights from here which I found really good (make sure you check the sizing guides before you buy), I was getting really tired achy legs, but was fine after a day of wearing these.

But then I discovered I had thrush, so I thought that planning to wear tights for the rest of my pregnancy probably wasn't a good idea, and got the "V2 Supporter Maternity Belt" from here (it was the only place in the UK I found which stocked them). Attractive it is not (DH almost wet himself laughing when he saw it!) but it appears to work. As long as I wear it during the day, the "heaviness" has now gone (I tried not wearing it one day & it came back), and I'm not hiding myself from DH IYKWIM! Again, check the sizing & if in doubt it might be worth going up a size - I was a pre-preg size 12, so went for the small & it is very, very snug & I'm a bit worried it won't fit me when I get bigger!

sorry for the long post, but hope it helps!

George26 Sat 20-Nov-10 20:12:53

oh, and putting your feet up will help too - they are varicose veins & caused by the blood not making it back up your body, so get gravity to help out by avoiding standing for long periods of time & putting your feet up whenever possible.

ThatllDoPig Tue 23-Nov-10 13:52:52

Thanks everyone! Feeling much better about it now, a glimmer (gimmer?) of hope of returning to normal one day has returned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now