Talk

Advanced search

Constipation - a godsend!

(9 Posts)
Nunners Fri 19-Nov-10 09:53:40

Not the constipation itself being a godsend, but what I'm about to recommend!

At the moment I am loving, just LOVING the ground mix of flaxseed, goji berries and other lovely seed things made by Linwoods. It's about £5 a big bag, available in Sainsburys, and I have it with Greek yogurt and agave nectar and fresh raspberries.

I'm not sure at what point constipation is supposed to kick in (I'm almost 7 weeks), but as I have to have a high-protein diet anyway (I am insulin resistant) I have to be careful about getting lots of fibre and keeping things, er, moving...

A huge tablespoon of this everyday is just fabulous for me. If you're struggling with constipation, I can really recommend it.

(It's also lovely all blended up in a smoothie - makes it kind of nutty...)

first post on Mumsnet after a couple of weeks of early pregnancy lurking! Woop!

Nunnersx

OnlyWantsOne Fri 19-Nov-10 11:40:29

Nunners you seem mad, you'll fit right in.

First post about the inner workings of your bowels. Like it. and congratulations

tummytickler Fri 19-Nov-10 11:42:01

We have that stuff - it's great - I stick it in the kids cereal and in cakes.

SaraL77 Fri 19-Nov-10 13:06:26

sounds nice- where in sainsburys would it be?? am trying to think - health food section?

Nunners Mon 22-Nov-10 10:56:46

yep Saral77 - normally around the sugar and baking section.

Do you know, it didn't occur to me that I'd posted about my bowels first before even introducing myself....? Shameful!

GlitteryBalls Mon 22-Nov-10 11:23:07

I think flaxseed really work. I eats lots of fibre/pulses/seeds as a rule anyway, but not usually flax, but nothing was working - til I switched to Burgen bread with soya and linseed. Sorry if TMI, but it really got things going! I was freaking out because I thought I had gained about 10lbs over the last few days but then I (ahem!) really "went" a couple of times and my weight was back to normal blush. And it was definitely the flaxseed that made a difference I reckon - had tried everyhting else including lactulose, fibogel etc

tlise Mon 22-Nov-10 17:19:11

I don't know, I prefer being constipated :D Having really bad IBS and being the other way...its nice not having to worry quite so much over what I eat that will make it worse lol.

GlitteryBalls Mon 22-Nov-10 17:31:12

I suspect I have IBS tlise, but the constipation dominant type! Have always suffered. You have my symapathies though as I imagine being too much the "other way" all the time isn't too much fun either sad

tlise Mon 22-Nov-10 17:37:17

No it isn't, but Having suffered the other extreme, you have my sympathy too!! if I have anything like weetabix, it stops me going but then I have so much wind and pain it feels terrible. Neither of them are good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now