Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Today I saw red because...

(13 Posts)
TooImmature2BMum Fri 19-Nov-10 09:40:51

I was reading the "Today I cried because..." thread but feeling like a fraud because, although I have cried a bit during pregnancy(especially when I first realised I couldn't fit into a specific dress I had wanted to wear to a party), mostly I feel much angrier than usual and get into a rage for all sorts of reasons! This morning it was because DH had moved my coat. I left it chucked over a chair in the living room. He had moved it to the top of the dog's cage in the bedroom, under a pile of his jumpers. I was stomping around the house cursing and swearing trying to find the coat and got in the car shaking with rage and yelled at him. blush He took it rather well.

What's been setting you off into a temper tantrum worthy of a 3-year-old?

CrazyPlateLady Fri 19-Nov-10 09:58:22

Everything!!!!!

Mainly DH doing something, not really much but it will irritate the hell out of me anyway.

Its usually leaving fucking rubbish around that will sit there until I have to remind him to move it, then he will get huffy with me. Empty envelopes is a usual one, there has also been a cereal bar wrapper sat on the sofa for a couple of days now.

Its bad enough that I am picking up after a toddler and myself whilst pregnant with M.E. without having to pick up after DH too. Even our DS (2.9) tells him off for not putting his shoes in the shoe box. He leaves them on the floor, right it front of the fucking shoe box!!! Grrrr. Then he moves things and asks me where things are all the bloody time. Usually its stuff that is right it front of him but I have to give him the sodding grid co-ordinates before he finds them. God forbid he open his eyes and have a good look.

Sorry, you have got me all ranty now! smile

faverolles Fri 19-Nov-10 10:05:49

Yesterday I spent the day swearing at every little thing.
Then to cap it all, the dog ate my pants.
On the plus side, the dc were so scared of my ranting that they got themselves ready for bed and I didn't even have to ask them!

TooImmature2BMum Fri 19-Nov-10 10:16:20

I've just remembered another one. I parked on double yellow lines in front of the garage shop so I could put firewood straight into the back of the car without having to carry it far, and the woman in the shop waved at me out of the window and mouthed "go round there". I was FURIOUS! How dare she make me move my illegally parked car? Couldn't she see I was pregnant and didn't want to carry sacks of logs? (Of course she couldn't - I was sitting in the car and besides, my winter coat covers my bump and just makes me look dumpy). Then, with complete illogic, when the garage man offered to carry the logs for me, I said no.

GretnaGirl Fri 19-Nov-10 10:27:20

DH putting dirty dishes on the kitchen side, right above the dishwasher. Why is it so difficult to go one step further and open the dishwasher door and put the dishes inside???

CocoPopsAddict Fri 19-Nov-10 12:00:51

People walking really slowly down the street, blocking the pavement. Just move to one side! I appreciate that some people probably can't move any faster, but just - please - move to one side! And as for those just dawdling looking at their phones - you are being overtaken by a woman who is 39+ weeks pregnant. You are TOO SLOW.

Thank you - I feel better now.

autumnberry Fri 19-Nov-10 12:49:02

Every time I speak to my mother!!!!! angry

knackered76 Fri 19-Nov-10 12:52:50

I once went mental at dh for banging his elbows down too hard on the bed while reading the newspaper . . . how hard can you 'bang' elbows down on a soft mattress?!?! He took it rather well and even modified his elbow 'banging'

Nagoo Fri 19-Nov-10 20:24:07

Loads of stuff but especially that ds insists on covering my massive belly with toothpaste spray every morning.

laurenamium Fri 19-Nov-10 21:06:53

Im with gretna with the dishwasher!

I swore at my 15 year old brother today after I had spent hours ironing clothes, asked him to put his pile away and he said 'no ta' and just left them on the table shock

I also get unreasonably angry whenever people assume I want my baby to come early (Im 38+2) and give 'helpful hints' on how to 'get it out'

ShuffleBallChange Sat 20-Nov-10 18:55:52

Glad its not just me, I get angry that DH and DS do not levitate when they come in the front door and trample mud over my nice clean floor that I have just hoovered and washed!! Also I have taken an extreme dislike to JLS and they just annoy the pants off me! Erm, I'm sure there is more as I've been a grouchy old bag lately...............

camdancer Sat 20-Nov-10 19:10:37

Everything and nothing! I'm an evil bitch at the moment.

Specifically today: DD (20 months) being tired and grumpy. DS getting yogurt down his pyjamas. DH taking longer than anticipated collecting the car and then staying outside putting everything (car seats etc) back in it. DS jumping on the bed when I was sorting clothes. There's more but I can't remember it. The list goes on and on and on.

I think I need a day off! My temper tantrums are worse than my 3 year old. blush sad

Dummyhunter Sun 21-Nov-10 07:47:39

omg if Im not crying at something stupid lm shouting a dh and the dog - it doesnt matter what for - its all their fault anyway wink only dd (7 months) has escaped my wrath. Yesterday l even shouted at mother for offering to do my shopping because l felt it was because she doesnt think l can cope (see today l cried tread sainsburys reference!) then sobbed because I didnt want to go. DH then went bless him and he hates shopping and l shouted at him for getting the wrong wash powder - he should know that l wanted surcare instead of fairy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: