Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

oh my god I'm pregnant........

(65 Posts)
meggy69 Thu 18-Nov-10 18:58:26

I found out Friday after a doctor's appointment due to stomach pain, I'm 28 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How Could I not have known. I feel like such an idiot. I am in total shock. I am 40, have three kids already (16,11,and 3. My husband and I decided two years ago we would have no more. I had accepted this and started to move on.
I am now expecting a baby so so soon!
I feel like a complete fool, the doctor actually laughed.

I have cried all weekend and realised I will now have to tell the dc?
I am so worried what they will be like.
My mother was so unsympathetic, she just kept saying I can't understand how you couldn't have known. I was on the pill and I thought it was early menopause as this is common in my family.

My dh husband is so pleased, I am just so shocked.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

spottysox Thu 18-Nov-10 19:00:46

Wow, congratulations and you've missed the grotty bit grin

toolly Thu 18-Nov-10 19:02:47

Congratulations.

piratecat Thu 18-Nov-10 19:03:00

omg omg!!

you are one of the ones we read about in take a break, .

firstly congratulations, i am hoping it will grow on you ( hee hee), and i am pleased your dh is pleased.

So HOW did you not notice, i mean what about the bump, no sickness? wow!!!

pud1 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:03:03

congratulations.

CarGirl Thu 18-Nov-10 19:03:09

I'm glad your dh is pleased, throw yourself into planning whilst you come to terms with it grin

canyou Thu 18-Nov-10 19:04:01

Wow Congratulations, 12 more weeks you will be busy, Am all excited for you grin

KTDace Thu 18-Nov-10 19:04:25

Wow congratulations, wish that would happen to me wink

geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 18-Nov-10 19:05:17

oh congratulations! What a shocker! It will be ok, your kids will get used to the idea im sure. So I take it you didnt get morning sickenss or anything? Looking back now, can you see little signs that you missed, or did you have no symptoms at all?

WickedWitchSouthWest Thu 18-Nov-10 19:05:18

Congratulations!

Hope all goes well telling the dc

misdee Thu 18-Nov-10 19:08:32

Congratulations!have you had a scan today?

NeedToSleepZZZ Thu 18-Nov-10 19:08:55

Wow, what a shock! I am also 28 weeks and can't imagine what it would be like to just discover it now.

Is there anyone you can talk to in confidence about your feelings to help you adjust? Having a baby is such a big thing that even if you and your husband are pleased it's going to take some getting used to. I can't believe your doctor laughed at you, not very understanding hmm

Really hope that after the initial shock you feel okay about things and that you get the support you need.

tassisssss Thu 18-Nov-10 19:10:31

Congratulations! I hope your kids are pleased and that you get used to the idea soon.

Lovely that your dh is pleased.

(think i'm a little jealous...)

TheGrumpalo Thu 18-Nov-10 19:12:16

Ooh I'm jealous too! Wow, can't imagine not knowing. You must be in shock!

Congratulations grin

Showaddywaddy Thu 18-Nov-10 19:15:49

Oh wow.

Tell us more.

The pain? Does it now feel like a baby kicking? Now that you know I mean.

Blimey.

This happened to my Dad's colleague recently. She was 31wks pg!

meggy69 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:19:44

Thanks for all the replies. I had my scan today. I can honestly say pregnancy didn't cross my mind, but looking back now I did have a bit of sickness around the right time but one of my children had a stomach bug so I think I put it down to this. The last 7 months have been a bit hectic, my husband was diagnosed with cancer so I think my head has been everywhere not really thinking about myself. The reason I went to the doctor was I had stomach pain and a swollen stomach (I wonder why!) But the bump is really quite small considering. I had noticed putting weight on but had put this down to stress. I feel so stupid. I am also a bit embarrassed about telling people.
Also worried, I have been drinking (although not much) but still...
Although everything was fine on the scan today, don't know the sex as dh wants another surprise!!
Thanks again!

NeedToSleepZZZ Thu 18-Nov-10 19:35:55

Don't be embarrassed, sounds as if you've had a really stressful year so far and it's no wonder you haven't been paying attention to yourself. Now it's your time so put yourself first and relax as much as possible (with 3 other children could be quite difficult!). Glad all was well with your scan and forgot to say it in earlier post but congratulations! smile

sarahscot Thu 18-Nov-10 19:45:05

WOW!!

And congratulations too!

ItalianLady Thu 18-Nov-10 19:47:28

Congratulations grin.

Baby will be a play mate for your 3 year old.

Have fun shopping grin.

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 18-Nov-10 19:48:46

Congratulations.

All will be fine.

A baby - how absolutly blinking lovely.

These things happen.

I had a client who went to hospital with gynae problems, ended up in A&E in labour. She was 45 and it was her 6th child. So if she could be suprised anyone can smile

What worries me is that I am actually jealous. Someone give me a kick up the bum please!

geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 18-Nov-10 20:17:41

Me too MrsDeVere grin

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 18-Nov-10 20:23:02

I have just had my 5th and am 43! FGS! grin

geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 18-Nov-10 20:29:44

Fair play MrsDeVere! That's what I say!! Go on, knock another out!!!

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 19-Nov-10 14:30:38

DO NOT encourage me! It wouldnt take much. OH is off for the op in a couple of weeks. With DC5 it only took a week of ttc shock so its technically a possibility....

NO STOPPIT!!!

theevildead2 Fri 19-Nov-10 15:01:41

What did you think the baby moving was? Or did you not really noitce because you wern't paying attention?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: