Talk

Advanced search

help! how long do side effects of morning after pill last?

(9 Posts)
froggy16 Thu 18-Nov-10 14:56:22

Hi everyone, not sure if this was the right topic to post this in but here we go!
Last week (tues) me and dh got a bit carried away and didnt stop to put a condom on. I went to docs and took levenelle 1500 about 24 hrs after. I'm pretty sure I was ovulating around tuesday. For the last couple of days I have been feeling really shaky, have nausea and headachy. Today my boobs feel sensitive. I normally have a 21/22 day cycle, so am due on on sunday. I have taken 2 hpt but both neg. Could this be delayed side effects of morning after pill, or could they be early preg symptoms?

isabellarockerfella Thu 18-Nov-10 23:07:11

i had to take levenelle about a fortnight(mon) ago. I felt headachy and queasy from about the wednesday then to my horror i started to bleed on the friday night. I imagined all sorts of things but the bleeding had stopped by the monday and now im just waiting with my fingers crossed for my period! I have a normal cycle and am sure that my symptoms were side effects from the morning after pill - i wont be taking it again in a hurry!

AphraBen Fri 19-Nov-10 01:08:55

Froggy16 - I had the same symptoms. I was also a bit tearful and touchy for 2-3 days. Definitely shaky in an over-caffeinated way and sick. I think it sounds like it worked.

TooImmature2BMum Fri 19-Nov-10 09:54:53

Mmm. I had unprotected sex on a Saturday night, got the morning-after pill on Monday morning. Felt a bit weird at first (boobs definitely tender), then it all settled down again and I waited for my period (which had been due in a couple of days). I waited...and waited...and eventually took pregnancy test. Yup, BFP. Was not good news - I was 21 and had only been with boyfriend for about 3 weeks. I think the trouble is that early pregnancy feels just like PMT.

Mind you, if you're due on Sunday and the pregnancy tests are negative, that's probably a good sign! Aren't they supposed to be able to pick up pregnancy from 4 days before your period is due?

froggy16 Sat 20-Nov-10 18:24:17

Yeah, some of them are. Still feeling sick, had tiny bit of pinky-brown when I wiped this morning(sorry tmi). Wierd thing is, usually I'm VERY emotional leading up to my period, but am not now

Beccalouisegoodman Tue 10-Oct-17 08:07:43

I’m only 16 and got a bit carried away with this guy I’m starting to see and we didn’t use a condom on the Saturday night. And I took the morning after pill on the Monday but I feel like shit honestly. How long will the side effects from it last??

CindyLou27 Thu 23-Nov-17 21:28:18

Hi all,
Me and my OH had sex two weeks ago (Wednesday) and didn’t use a condom, the day after I went and took the morning after pill (Thursday) I didn’t really get many side effects and I came on my period on the Sunday like I was meant to and had a regular period. Today (Thursday) exactly 2 weeks after taking the morning after pill I have noticed some bleeding/spotting and wondering if this is normal!? It’s so worrying and trying to figure out how long the side effects last. Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

ntomby Sun 25-Mar-18 20:16:05

Hyy everyone,, I need ur help,, I had un protected sex on Sunday a day after my periods and tuk morning after pills less than 12hrs,,prob is yesterday (Saturday) started bleeding,, am I preg or not coz um really confused

Kelkel83 Mon 02-Apr-18 17:52:23

Hi you can get bleeding/spotting after taking it x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: