Talk

Advanced search

small for dates

(5 Posts)
ozymandias Wed 17-Nov-10 22:11:42

hello, I was at the midwife today and she has referred me for a scan tomorrow as the baby doesnt appear to be growing as much as she should. I am 34 weeks pregnant. I feel quite scared and upset by this and wondered if anyone had had the same happen to them and everything turned out fine?

balijay Thu 18-Nov-10 05:03:32

Hi ozy. I think this measuring business is pretty inaccurate tbh, I had this with my 1st 2 pregnancies and had to have extra scans etc, but babies turned out to be 6lb 9 and 6lb 4 so not tiny. Some women just carry small, the same as some women will measure over what they should. Its good to get it checked out and put your mind at rest, but I wouldn't worry too much.

ozymandias Thu 18-Nov-10 11:11:40

thanks for that balijay, that is reassuring.

BelieveInLife Thu 18-Nov-10 16:47:54

I was sent for growth scans throughout my pregnancy but I was very very active and fit and it turned out I was just carrying small, my baby was born fit and healthy at 7lb 4oz at 38 weeks but I only 'measured' 34-35 weeks.

mrsjuan Thu 18-Nov-10 16:53:32

I had this at 34 weeks and went for scan that confirmed that DD was in fact rather small. Had a few tests to check that placenta was working properly (it was) and was then induced a week before my due date as my consultant was rather over cautious. DD was 5lb 7 but has stayed very small (2nd to 9th centile) for the past 18 months so I think that's just how she was meant to be.

Try not to wory

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now