Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pelvic Floor ...........?!

(3 Posts)
Natzer Wed 17-Nov-10 19:40:14

Hi, I have always heard about pelvic floor exercises when it comes to having babies....

However, I am 18 weeks and twice today I have either sneezed or coughed and (sorry if tmi) have leaked just a little . This has never ever happened to me before!

Do I need to start the PF exercises before the baby is born? will this help with labour? is this leaking a pregnancy symptom?

Anyone else had the same?

thanks

MrsNoggin Wed 17-Nov-10 21:34:14

I would most definitely recommend starting your pelvic floor exercises now! Your baby will put pressure on your pelvic floor from fairly early on in pregnancy, or so I'm told. I didn't start mine in my first pregnancy until the little sneaky leaks, and then I was rather lazy about them, and I pay for it now. On comes a sneezy cold - out comes the Tena Lady! Although, I'm working on them now, and they seem to me to be improving. Hopefully not wishful thinking confused.

Pelvic floor exercises are one of those things that we are supposed to do all the time, pregnant or not. Lessens the old-age incontinence and improves the sex life...

Natzer Thu 18-Nov-10 10:21:42

Thank you Mrs Noggin, I will find out exactly how and get practising immediately!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: