Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

19 weeks - inconsistent movements

(5 Posts)
Pootletrinket Tue 16-Nov-10 18:37:21

Realised that, towards the end of last week, I was getting plenty of daily wrigglings (2nd pregnancy) particularly in the end of the day, but last 2 days had nothing - had been quite calm and assumed this was OK as it's so early, but occured to me that maybe I ought to check - anyone?! TIA!

spinaltap Tue 16-Nov-10 18:47:24

It's probably fine - the baby might have changed position or something, but do go and see your midwife and get them to have a listen. They won't mind!

Maitri Tue 16-Nov-10 20:20:25

I got really panicky at around 19 weeks for exactly the same reason but the mw told me that there's still a lot of room in there and its little movements won't always be felt. She also reminded me that tiny babies tend to sleep a lot. Fast forward to 24 weeks and there's no peace!! As spinal says though, the mw won't mind if you ask for a listen to put your mind at rest.

Dartfordmummy Tue 16-Nov-10 22:41:56

I had the same thing. Rang my midwife today and she sent me to the Fetal monitoring centre and they said everything was fine. She also said around 19/20 weeks the baby will start to move up higher where it has more room and therefore you won't feel the movements as much. As soon as I left the hospital the baby went mad and has been moving all afternoon and evening!!

japhrimel Wed 17-Nov-10 09:33:52

Totally normal. Before 28 weeks you should just be trying to work out if your baby has a pattern of movement (but if they do, chances are it'll change anyway). It's after 28 weeks that you have to worry if movement lessens.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: