Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

can u still go into labour if you have a breech baby?

(8 Posts)
HappyGirl1 Mon 15-Nov-10 16:28:57

hi,

is it possible to go into labour if your baby is breech?

odd question i know but as the head isn't down on the pelvis wondering if you can even go into labour?

having contractions though but they don't keep going..

VivaLeBeaver Mon 15-Nov-10 16:31:37

Yes, definetly.

CarGirl Mon 15-Nov-10 16:34:04

Yes some people go on and deliver naturally with a breech baby so they must have gone into labour!

HappyGirl1 Mon 15-Nov-10 17:01:06

Good to know! I was starting to think that these super painful contractions were somehow all in my head given baby is breech!

VivaLeBeaver Mon 15-Nov-10 17:27:14

Are you planning on having a vaginal birth? How many weeks are you?

Showaddywaddy Mon 15-Nov-10 17:30:58

Of course.

People go into labour with babies in breech, transverse, OA, OT, OP positions, engaged, not engaged etc.

While the baby's head being in the pelvis helps labour along, the actual onset of labour is still not understood but probably some chemical reaction between your baby and your body.

HappyGirl1 Mon 15-Nov-10 20:00:29

GOod to know thanks all! GOt my bag packed just in case.

Having an Ecv later this week so will see what happens there otherwise it's a c section

GMajor7 Mon 15-Nov-10 20:26:20

Definitely!! I got to the pushing stage with breech DD and only discovered she was 'bum down' at the last minute when they whisked me off for an emcs!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: