Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pancreatitis due to gallstones

(1 Post)
summersun1 Sun 14-Nov-10 19:48:53

I'd be grateful if anyone who has had acute pancreatitis due to gallstones could share their experiences. I developed it a few weeks after my first baby (April) and had my gall bladder removed shortly after.The main aftercare advice I was given was to stick to a low fat diet which i'm sort of doing most of the time. Three months after my attack I had a few drinks with friends and experienced bad pain which lasted a few minutes. I didn't realise alcohol isn't advised after pancreatitis. My questions to you guys are:
Have a had another pregnancy since your attack and was everything ok? I'm a bit worried about a possible flare up. Have you had any mild pain/dull aches since? Do you stick to a low fat diet and avoid alcohol?

Reading the internet is very depressing and i'd love to hear some positive stories or at least know that I can carry on as normal. Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: