Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What were your EARLIEST pregnancy symptoms?

(127 Posts)
LittleOne76 Sat 13-Nov-10 05:50:52

I'm wondering if you "knew" you were pregnant before you could test after the 2ww? What signs did you get?

AllThreeWays Sat 13-Nov-10 05:52:53

I started eating more.

Sibble Sat 13-Nov-10 06:03:15

couldn't do gym class, felt faint... tired

BlooKangaWonders Sat 13-Nov-10 06:08:42

absolute exhaustion - couldn't go into work that day, but fine by mid day. (that was dc1; the exhaustion was standard by other dc!)

And feeling sick, though never being sick, was my very earliest symptom.

By dc3 I just knew, all of the above and that funny taste in the mouth. WAited to test, but dh was more impatient than me!

Julezboo Sat 13-Nov-10 06:12:19

Knackered by 3pm and nausea. I was being sick at 9dpo this time! Its still around though at 27 weeks

Faaamily Sat 13-Nov-10 08:27:46

I didn't know with my first.

With my second, I had hot flushes and started throwing up a few days before my period was due. Funny taste in my mouth. Felt spaced out and odd.

lilly13 Sat 13-Nov-10 08:57:13

I went to gym in the morning and then ended up running around (had not eaten since I got up for 5 hours) and was getting ready to go to lunch which was supposed to involve drinking... and all of a sudden I got a very nausea. I did a pregnancy test straight away which showed 2-3 weeks since conception. The funny thing is that this was the only time I had morning sickness, as if the baby was sending me a message - do not drink at lunch - you are pregnant!!!! Amazing...
Then my breasts became swallen and I was getting very mild cramps (similar to period cramps, but lighter) from around 6 weeks...

angels1 Sat 13-Nov-10 09:00:26

congrats lilly

I got exhaustion/dizziness/nausea/hunger and couldn't get my words out in a baby brain type of way all over a week before period due!

Dylthan Sat 13-Nov-10 09:06:33

This is going to sound silly but both times I conceived I felt panicky and anxious straight after.

Both dc were planned and sex with dh dosen't usually cause a panick attack.

With dc1 I remembered it when I found out I was pregnant because it was so odd we'd been trying for about 3 months and like I said this was the only time it had happened.

With dc2 I just knew I was pregnant from the moment after we'd had sex because the same feeling returned.

I've always wondered if anyone else has felt this or if I'm just weird hmm

sillysow Sat 13-Nov-10 09:58:29

I know people wont believe this - but I had round ligament pain from 2 weeks after conception!!! Whether or not it has anything to do with the fact that lo was only 6mo when I got pregnant I dont know, but it was bizarre. After that the tiredness and sickness kicked in.

geewaf Sat 13-Nov-10 10:06:21

Yucky metal taste in my mouth - and just a weird feeling of being sure I was pregnant.

mumbybumby Sat 13-Nov-10 10:10:33

I got very sore boobs before my period was due and had to turn the temperature down in the shower as it suddenly felt really hot!

Gemjar Sat 13-Nov-10 10:19:08

tingly nipples and swelled boobs just before my period started, and cramps (I am lucky enough to not usually get them before I come on).

Still waited until about 5 days late before taking a test, but due to the above, I already knew I was up the duff.

Tinasan Sat 13-Nov-10 10:41:08

My wee smelled funny!

pinkyp Sat 13-Nov-10 10:43:06

dizzyness

biglips Sat 13-Nov-10 10:43:57

with dd2, it was 7 days i last had sex and felt someone was stabbing me in my boobs...fooking kills me!! i took a test at 9 dpo and it was positive.

with dd1 i had no signs apart from feeling vvvveeeerrrryyyy tired! zzzzzZZzzzzzz

jasmine51 Sat 13-Nov-10 10:48:28

Dogs acted weirdly around me...seriously! Two dogs who know me well seemed to be unsettled around me - one kept barking and running away from me, the other went a bit jumpy with me and aggressive with my DH. It was my yoga teacher who suggested I did a pg test...she was right...as were the dogs!

Fibilou Sat 13-Nov-10 10:52:10

Total loss of appetite - and as a size 18/20 this is mega unusual !

LittleOne76 Sat 13-Nov-10 10:56:36

Sounds like a mix of physical changes but also a bit of gut feel and a kind of knowing. I've only just started TCC but since last having sex a few days ago just before ovulation (well, when I think I ovulated as the cycle isn't super regular) I've been "feeling" a bit different and have felt a kind of rumbling in my lower belly which reminds me of how I feel about 12 hours before I get my period. It's lasted a few days now but it's still early days and I'm not due to have AF for another week and a bit. I think I am now super sensitive to feeling anything and wanted to get an idea of what others have experienced. All very exciting!! I've also being feeling tired lately but think that's just the usual tiredness from work so no stories of me dozing off at bus stops etc.

kimbles1984 Sat 13-Nov-10 10:57:55

Had first and only panic/anxiety type episode 2 days after conceiving the baby i am expecting along with being sick....very weird, never had panic attacks or anything before or after confused

BalloonSlayer Sat 13-Nov-10 10:58:32

2nd DC - something fairly trivial upset me and I cried and cried and cried and ranted and raged and thought: what the bloody hell is wrong with you, woman? Then remembered I had a spare test upstairs.

Third DC - It was after I could have tested - I wasn't planning to be pregnant so was only thinking where the Feck is my period? The only thing I noticed was that I could see bluish veins on my boobs. All the other things - being hot, the ligament thing in the pelvis, all came on after the positive test.

spilttheteaagain Sat 13-Nov-10 11:00:19

I went on a red meat rampage - steak, lamb, beef casserole every night for about a week.

I had creamy cervical mucus after ovulation (usually have nothing).

I was lightheaded and felt faint (BP had dropped, it was measured at 4 weeks as 100/45).

Exhausted and disturbed sleep within about 3 days of conception.

Applemuncher Sat 13-Nov-10 13:18:21

I felt the whole thing 'happening', before my AF was due I had the most horrendous stabbling pains through my belly button and straight down IYKWIM. Felt really sore - a week later got my BFP!smile

TooImmature2BMum Sat 13-Nov-10 14:18:30

How weird - I had the being too hot in the shower thing too, but I never realised it was a sign of pregnancy! My first warning was sore boobs and a feeling of unconcern about my period (usually would be making sure I wore something with pockets so I could carry tampons just in case my period arrived in the middle of a meeting or something equally embarrassing).

JBrd Sat 13-Nov-10 15:10:32

Gosh, my story is really unexciting compared to all of yours... The first thing I noticed was when my period was late, which it never ever is. Felt nothing before that at all - but have to say that I had a stinking cold the week before it was due, so maybe that masked anything that I might have noticed otherwise.

But once I'd done the test, my body thought 'Hey, now she nows' and immediately started throwing every possible symptom there is at me confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now