Talk

Advanced search

faint line on test after previous strong line

(11 Posts)
kalo12 Fri 12-Nov-10 19:33:15

hi,

am 5 weeks pregnant, tested strong positive 6 days before af due, tested again this morning with test from same packet cos i have no symptoms and lost the few i had in the first few days.

What usually happens with this?

have had 3 previous mcs so quite worried

kalo12 Fri 12-Nov-10 19:33:48

meant to say this morning line was much fainter

kalo12 Fri 12-Nov-10 19:37:45

bump

sam26oscar Fri 12-Nov-10 20:03:32

Didn't want you to go unanswered but afraid have no advice, do you have any bleeding or pains?? Thing about testing too early is that you can have a m/c without realising you were pregnant as you would just normally put it down to late period if you didn't test 6 days early iyswim!!?? Good luck smile x

kalo12 Fri 12-Nov-10 20:09:32

thanks sam

MuffinMouse Fri 12-Nov-10 20:44:10

Is there any chance you could be further on than you think? HCG starts dropping around 12 weeks. I wonder if that's why?? Just a guess..

LoopyLoops Fri 12-Nov-10 20:47:04

It could be a different testing strip, with different amounts of chemical. Just because they are in the same packet doesn't mean they were made in the same batch.

Did you test at the same time of day?

Could you be further along than you thought?

Have you tried another test?

Try not to panic unless you have any other reason to believe there is a problem, this isn't an indication in itself really.

yellowmo Fri 12-Nov-10 20:50:21

Apparently the best time to test is first thing in the morning... But if you're worried why not go to your doc/ a local family planning clinic?

Good luck
x

kalo12 Fri 12-Nov-10 20:57:29

thanks for replies, went to early scanning unit and they said come back next week to see if its viable. dates defo right, just feel like i've been here before, wondered if any positive outcome stories

LoopyLoops Fri 12-Nov-10 21:00:06

I had faint positive, negative, positive on consecutive days, if that helps?

Good luck.

LoopyLoops Fri 12-Nov-10 21:00:54

Sorry, that was supposed to be

Really did mean .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now