Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does weight gain slow down in third trimester?

(6 Posts)
Kiki84 Fri 12-Nov-10 15:28:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sancerrre Fri 12-Nov-10 15:35:45

Mine slowed down, thank goodness, only put on a couple of pounds in third trimester (so far, approaching 39 weeks) and not eating any differently. Bump has been getting bigger though so hopefully is sucking some of the fat out of my hips and thighs! Most weight gain was in first trimester from eating greasy carbs to fend off nausea.

MedicalEd Fri 12-Nov-10 17:19:45

Am with you there Kiki84.
I am 27 weeks and have put on 10kgs already - here's hoping it slows down or I will be the size of a bus!

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 12-Nov-10 17:21:39

Statistically you put on most of your weight in last trimester as baby bulks up, but every pregnancy is so different.

I wore my normal clothes right up until about 32nd week and had lost weight, then put on 10lbs in about the last 6 weeks but my sister put on loads of weight at the beginning and was in maternity clothes from about 9 weeks!

So long as you're being sensible about eating I truly wouldn't worry, you lose about a stone just giving birth (baby, fluids, placenta) and then breastfeeding is brill for weight loss, I lost another stone in about 3 weeks...another incentive to BF if one was needed!

flyingzebra Fri 12-Nov-10 17:26:00

Both times I have put on two stone and 1.5 stone of that has piled on in the second trimester with the rest split over the first and third.

emmyloo2 Fri 12-Nov-10 18:24:59

I hardly put any weight on in third trimester. Mine was mainly in first trimester and early second trimester when I was ravenous. By the third trimester my appetite was really reduced and so my weight gain has been negligible. I have even lost a bit of weight in the last week. I am 40 weeks today. 10 kgs at 32 weeks doesn't sound like much at all. I think they say between 12-16 kilos is perfectly fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: