Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does ms get worse?

(6 Posts)
jasmine51 Fri 12-Nov-10 12:46:45

After a couple of weeks of nausea and tiredness (Im 9+2) I thought 'ok, its not great but I can cope with this morning sickness game' and I felt confident enough to organise a few work appointments. However every day at the moment I seem to be feeling worse and worse and dont have the confidence today to even go and walk the dog as I dont want to that far from a bucket. Does ms build in intensity or does it reach a plateau of awfulness and become more predictable?

Twit Fri 12-Nov-10 12:59:02

Yes, it can get worse and yes there is usually a plateau and then it tails off.

I have had two pgs with Very Bad ms, and two with normal ms.
The thing that really helped me was forcing my blood sugar up (glucose tablets, mini mars bars - sweet size) and eating whenever I felt queasy. Lots of carbohydrates.
Also I had the school run to do, and actually found that once I was out, as long as I had my snacks etc I was better for it. For me at least the morning routine helped alot.
It does kind of get on top of you and if you have a late night or extra stress I think that can impact it as well. Just eat and drink as much as you can (sounds like the last thing you feel like doing I know) and it will get better.
Good luck and congratulations!

jasmine51 Sat 13-Nov-10 10:39:31

Thanks twit - all makes sense. As you say, even though going out is the last thing I feel like, I do actually feel better if I do, and also keeping busy seems to help. I like the idea of keeping the sugar levels up..am addicted to chocolate gingers at the moment so I will eat with abandon and worry about the weight later!

corblimeymadam Sat 13-Nov-10 10:46:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jasmine51 Sat 13-Nov-10 10:50:27

Thanks belgianbun...mmm, belgian bun thats a nice idea for keeping the sugars up. So excited...but trying not to be, due to past history

angels1 Sat 13-Nov-10 10:51:12

Yeah, and to add to that alot of people seem to find that about week 9 is the worst, so you may well be at your peak. But it's so hard as everyone is completely different (which is what I found frustrating - if I knew I would have it between this week and this week it would have been easier to deal with). I second the fresh air and grazing almost constantly, also resting helps if and when you can. My nausea was horiffic in first trimester - so bad I hardly went out. It started improving around the 14 week mark and by 20 weeks it was much better. I'm now nearly 26 weeks and still feel sick alot, but I'm the exception to the rule - most people feel sick between around weeks 6 - 12 and then it tails off/disapears.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: