Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

41 weeks pregnant today - anyone else waiting too?

(21 Posts)
DinosaurRumpus Fri 12-Nov-10 12:16:11

Just wondered whether there is anyone else around who is waiting for little one to put finally put in an appearance?

Dc5 was due on 5th Nov but is so far refusing to budge!
I'm feeling absolutely fine in myself (apart from being rather fedup!
I had a sweep on Monday where MW said I was 2-3 cms dilated. On Wednesday I had a show. Been having lots of strong BH contractions (especially in the evenings but nothing painful or regular) and when I walk, the downward pressure makes it feel like the baby is going to fall out! BUT STILL NO BABY!!

So anyone else waiting too?

Olivetti Fri 12-Nov-10 12:35:01

Hello
I was due on Tuesday 9th, absolutely no signs at all, except for pretty much permananet crampy pains, but I've had those for 3 weeks!! Downward pressure getting worse and worse though....getting painful to walk. Am starting to go mad!!!!!

Shambolica Fri 12-Nov-10 13:22:24

I'm 39 weeks with my first - am I allowed to join in, or do I need to wait until I'm even more whale-like than I am now? grin

No signs that little one will be arriving any time soon. I feel as if I will be pg forever!

Gemjar Fri 12-Nov-10 13:25:39

I am 40+5 today, induction is booked for next Friday. Honestly at this point if baby does make an appearance before next weekend I will be shocked.

Other than the usual BH, no signs whatsoever yet, I couldn't even get a sweep yesterday as he hasn't engaged!

Andie20521 Fri 12-Nov-10 13:32:53

39 weeks with 1st dc no sign of engagement! This lo is very comfy I think....

DinosaurRumpus Fri 12-Nov-10 13:42:03

Hello all!
Glad I'm not on my own! Makes me feel a little better It will be nice for us all to wait together!

Friends and family are driving me mad. They mean well but I have at least 20 calls / texts / emails a day asking me whether I've had the baby yet! I feel like shouting I WILL TELL YOU - HONEST!!!!! The odd message is worded as if it's somehow my fault 'are you still hanging onto that baby?' or 'hurry up! we can't wait to meet our grandchild, niece, nephew etc'. Arghhhhhh!!!

I haven't got induction booked yet - I've got a midwife appt on Mon when she'll do another sweep and she'll make my induction appt then - fingers crossed I won't get that far grin

greentig3r Fri 12-Nov-10 13:47:12

Due 8th. 2/5 engaged. No BH/show but crampy tummy a lot of the time. Declined sweep on wed but might have it next wed, as induction booked for 21st. Feeling strangely calm about it- denial?

Olivetti Fri 12-Nov-10 13:49:31

I don't have an induction booked either - am also seeing midwife at noon on Monday. I am 2/5 engaged, but have no idea whether or not that means anything???? Does anyone else know?
Is the most annoying text message in the world the simple "Any news?"

greentig3r Fri 12-Nov-10 14:48:09

I don't think it means anything at all really if baby's engaged or not- labour can start without baby being engaged, and a lot of women are waddling around with fully engaged babies for weeks.

And yes, 'any news?' along with 'what, no baby yet?' and a whole other bunch of well-meaning stuff. Grit teeth and smile.

DinosaurRumpus Fri 12-Nov-10 15:00:01

Olivetti - it depends on the midwife in my experience! Some mean that 2/5 of the baby's head is engaged - some mean that they can feel 2/5 of the baby's head above the pelvis! Either way though, it's definitely heading in the right direction

I've been quite niggly this afternoon - got a burning , stretchy feeling behind my pubic bone and I swear the BH are a little more uncomfortable confused
I'm madly symptom spotting because I've got the other 4 DC's to sort out before I can head off to hospital. Consultant said 5th labours can be very stop/start but once they get going are likely to be quick so I don't want to be sat here with 4 kids when it finally decides to kick off!!!

ICantGetMuchSleep Fri 12-Nov-10 18:09:29

I'm 40 weeks today and no sign of anything! Feel OK myself but eager to meet our LO. Think it might be a while though! Good to know I'm not the only one! smile

emmyloo2 Fri 12-Nov-10 18:21:58

I'm 40 weeks today and no sign of labour. No pains, no BH, just an upset stomach for the last 2 weeks. Baby's head is engaged 3/5 but not sure if that means anything. Getting more pelvic pain because the baby is lower but still don't feel like he is about to fall out.

I suspect I have another week to go which is incredibly frustrating! It has been hard enough to make it to the due date but now face another week or so until the baby arrives. I am booked in for a sweep on Tuesday with my midwife.

ziptoes Fri 12-Nov-10 18:44:27

40+2. Have had 2-3 weeks of on and off crampy pains and those electric cervix bounces. Since I finished work on Friday I've had a few days of pretty strong BHs but nothing else.

What do people DO to keep busy?

I have one DS (2.4) and we have watched I Want My Potty and Fireman Sam till I know them off by heart. SPD stops me from walking DS to the park/shops. Getting a bit wall-climbily frustrated at the inside of my house. I'm even getting a bit (whispers) bored of MNing!

zandlt Fri 12-Nov-10 19:48:47

39 +1 here and had convinced myself that this lo wud arrive early (silly me) just coz he is sooooo active i thought he wud burst his way out wink

but no signs as yet and since DS1 wasnt born til 41 +4 prob got a bit longer to hang in there.

luckily am still able to get out and about this time as blood pressure is still behaving itself, which is useful as i wud be crazy from watching toy story on repeat if i had to stay in with DS1 (19m) all day.

keeping everything uncrossed grin for everyone starting in labour soon!!!

DinosaurRumpus Sat 13-Nov-10 02:05:34

Well, I think things might be kicking off here!!!

Have been woken up by proper contractions (i.e. they now hurt!) and my waters are leaking. There's no regularity yet - 15 min gap, followed by 5 min gap, followed by 20min gap etc - but they are sharp! Have been caught out by this before though - they start and then stop again - Grrr!

Send me lots of speedy, easy birthy vibes

zandlt Sat 13-Nov-10 09:41:11

Gud Luck Dinosaur

heres hoping things have picked up and got regular for you.

maybe you are even holding ur little one right now smile

Shambolica Sat 13-Nov-10 10:53:15

Best of luck Dinosaur! Here's to a good birth!

Samraves Sat 13-Nov-10 17:06:43

Good luck - fingers crossed that this is IT!

I am 39 weeks and LO showing no signs... and I nearly cried when the midwife said that it was their practice to let first time mums go 14 days over before inducing and not 10 days as I thought (and which would have been bad enough). Come on babies...

cluelessnchaos Sun 14-Nov-10 16:15:43

Good luck dinosaur, I am 40 plus 3, due on the 11th nov

emmyloo2 Sun 14-Nov-10 17:35:19

still waiting here....now 40+2 which I know is not that overdue, but it feels like I have been waiting forever. Having period type pains on and off but nothing consistent.

Oh well, so begins another week of counting down each day and trying to keep myself busy to make time pass.

Off for a sweep on Tuesday so maybe that will move things along.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

cluelessnchaos Mon 15-Nov-10 21:58:08

40 plus 4 today, spent all day shopping, wagamamas for lunch and mammoth walk but no joy, sweep hopefully in the morning

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: