Talk

Advanced search

5mths pg and struggling with the school run - am I a wuss?

(10 Posts)
PussinJimmyChoos Fri 12-Nov-10 09:37:52

Really finding it hard atm. I normally walk to school as I think the exercise is good in pregnancy and then walk to the bus stop for the first of my two buses into work, 4hrs work (no break) and then two buses back, school run, home and then the dinner etc

Some days I feel absolutely fine but the last few days I've really felt it...I've got a bad chest atm which obviously isn't helping!

Really really want DH to do pick up tonight as I'm so exhuasted and chest/head hurts but doubt he can do it

Meh...

LilRedWG Fri 12-Nov-10 09:39:43

Ask him - if he can do it, then go straight home, have a soak in the bath and go to bed. Failing that, make sure he is around tomorrow and spend the day resting.

Take care of yourself. I'm six months with a bad chest and throat and am zapped too.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 12-Nov-10 09:43:14

I've just text him and asked if he can leave at 4pm so I'll do the pick up as I know he can't leave at 2.45pm as too early but at least I can crash on the sofa etc

Waiting for his reply now..problem is his stupid boss is hardly ever in, so it falls to DH to cover the section most days - its really starting to grate on DH (and myself!)

I feel a wuss though! DH's mentality is to pick DS up and let him watch a DVD until he gets in, but its not like that...I don't get to lie down in peace!

snowmummy Fri 12-Nov-10 10:06:39

You're not a wuss at all. I'm 26 weeks pg and my dh had to take a few days off work a few weeks back so that I could have a rest and not worry about the school run etc. I don't even have work to worry about. It sounds to me like you need a good few days doing not a lot.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 12-Nov-10 10:15:12

I was off sick from work two days this week and DH did am drop off which helped a lot as was able to stay in bed, but I still did the afternoon pick up, which was an effort.

I went back to work yesterday. Weather was so vile and I got caught in a downpour then after school I had a Drs appt, then had to come home, get dinner etc ready and then turf out again to parent's evening

I was up quite a few times in the night needing a wee and due to bad chest, then DS woke with a bit of a temp - he was fine this am so thought was ok to send him to school and now I'm just in a heap on the sofa and not wanting to go out or do anything!

LilRedWG Sat 13-Nov-10 15:11:17

Did you get any rest yesterday? If not, I hope you are today. I'm in bed with bad chest and throat, feeling very sorry for myself.

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 14-Nov-10 16:13:30

Aww Red, sorry to hear you are feeling bad - how are you today?

DH came home around 5pm on Friday, which was great. Wasn't too bad yesterday but today have been wiped out as was up for 2hrs in the night coughing and blocked nose

Have taken 1 paracetamol to control temperature but obv being pg am being very sparing with the meds and relying more on honey and lemon in manner of lentil weaver grin

LilRedWG Sun 14-Nov-10 18:18:21

Same here with the paracetamol. It sucks doesn't it. What are your plans for this week? Any relief in the shape of family or friends?

PussinJimmyChoos Tue 16-Nov-10 09:55:45

Hiya Red, how are you feeling today? My cold is well and truly in my chest...popped to Boots yest for some pg friendly cough syrup...you know the honey/glycerine stuff so hope that helps a bit!

DH is off today, tmw and Thur so that is nice and yesterday he kindly took DS to school in am so I didn't have to dash about first thing

He's a bit tired from me coughing in the night though - I offered to move to the spare room but he said it was ok..obv I am still ravishing, even when ill grin

saoirse86 Tue 16-Nov-10 11:06:02

I found that 5-7 months was the worst and was constantly exhausted. I started parking in the spaces closest to wherever I was going no matter how much it cost (normally I'd walk a mile to save on parking!).
Hopefully it'll pass for you, otherwise you should probably arrange with you DH for you to share the school run a bit more. Your health is important now so you need to listen to you body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now