Talk

Advanced search

UTI pain getting worse- what to do?

(3 Posts)
CalaLilly Tue 09-Nov-10 15:08:56

I started antibiotics for a UTI on Friday after having pain for weeks. These were then changed to new antib's yesterday after my cultures came back from my sample. I’ve been taking the new ones for over 24 hours now and the pain is getting worse. I was up for an hour in the night with stabbing pain in my lower abdomen, just below my uterus and about the pubic bone level and that is still very sore today. I sometimes get it in my upper abdomen too- particularly on the red side, plus I have backache where my kidneys are.

My GP has been brilliant at treating me but at 16+4 I am still waiting to hear my baby’s heartbeat and am worried about the pain and baby being ok. I have an appointment with my midwife on Thursday but am not sure if I can wait that long. I tried to get in touch with her today but don’t have a direct dial and so left a message at my GP’s and she’s not rung back. In our area, the point of contact for community concerns is the local Birth Centre but I don’t like to ring them if not needed. The pains are worrying me though so I could go to a&e? That seems a bit drastic though. What would you do? If you have had a bladder infection when have you found that the pain started to subside? Do I need to sit tight for a few more days?

lucybrad Tue 09-Nov-10 17:27:06

i would skip the midwife and see the out of hours doctor tonight. Ring and say your in a lot of pain.

JBrd Tue 09-Nov-10 22:34:50

Drinks lots and lots and call your doctor - this sounds like a serious infection, and the midwife wouldn't be able to do anything about that anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now