Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Shows...I know gross, but have to ask.

(6 Posts)
Lizzzombie Mon 08-Nov-10 10:52:57

With DS my show was a proper blob all at once.
I'm now 38 weeks pg with number 2, and have had no discharge/spotting anything throughout, have had EXTREME braxton hicks (or maybe contractions) but not regular at all over the last couple of days.
Anyway this morning, I've had what I can only describe as a very mini show.
Do they sometimes appear (literally) in drips and drabs rather than in a big old blob?

pinkyp Mon 08-Nov-10 10:56:46

Not talking from experience but from what i've read about other mums and some say yes, they'll be a bit of blood etc

rollerbaby Mon 08-Nov-10 10:57:12

I've had both today since my sweep yesterday. Lots of stringy mucus in bits and also a big blob tinged with blood.... Just waiting now!

Lizzzombie Mon 08-Nov-10 11:00:28

Oooh, how exciting.
I totally can't remember how long it took DS to come after I had my 1st show. I think it may have been up to 3 days. But really can't recall.

Fingers crossed that it will be sooner rather than later!

rollerbaby Mon 08-Nov-10 11:05:30

I hope so!!! Good luck!

Lizzzombie Mon 08-Nov-10 19:33:56

Hmm, midwife informed me that birth could be up 2 weeks away from having a show/plug.
But she did reiterate that my baby's head is very low down in my pelvis. Like I didn't know that already! She feels like she's going to pop out any second!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: