Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nursery decoration - favourite websites?

(23 Posts)
thanalie Sun 07-Nov-10 21:18:52

Hello,

What are your favourite websites to purchase items to decorate your baby's nursery? I'd like to create a "wood/forest" atmosphere for my baby girl's room with animal/mushroom stickers, themed sleep bags, curtains etc but am struggling to find good (and not too expensive) stuff on the web. Any ideas where I shall look for?

thanks a lot in advance!

thanalie

japhrimel Sun 07-Nov-10 21:50:05

Check out Verbaudet, JojoMamanBebe, John Lewis and M&P. I'd also try Etsy for unique bits and bobs online.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 08-Nov-10 13:14:19

Next, Babies 'r' us, TK Maxx for individual bits, Homesense, even Dunelm Mill, you won't necessarily be able to get everything in one shop but be able to pull together your overall theme by shopping around. Although the wood/forest theme isn't one that I particularly remember seeing out and about, they tend to be a bit more 'cutesy' (if that's a word) than that!

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 08-Nov-10 13:16:47

Oh meant to say, if you can't find ready made curtains for example, you might be able to get the material and have them made up and maybe a cushion or something to match (if you have a chair in the room, not for the crib!), and then I have friends who commissioned a local artist to do a few paintings to go in nursery for a very reasonable fee, thereby getting the exact theme they wanted.

Francagoestohollywood Mon 08-Nov-10 13:27:21

Zara Home and Ikea.
and mimilous stickers

Francagoestohollywood Mon 08-Nov-10 13:28:06

mimilou, not mimilous

Francagoestohollywood Mon 08-Nov-10 13:31:31

look at this!

<<I'm on a roll now...>>

MissLolita Mon 08-Nov-10 14:05:34

Not somewhere to buy things but if you type 'nursery decoration' into Google images they have some pretty amazing photos for inspiration. I definately remember seeing one which had a woodland theme with a beautiful tree painted on the wall and the leaves made out of fabrics which were used elsewhere in the room. Flickr has some good inspiration too.

applecharlotte Mon 08-Nov-10 14:13:24

http://www.supernice.co.uk/

thanalie Mon 08-Nov-10 22:20:58

Thanks for all your tips - have started to look and seem to find more the type of things I'm after (as I do not want pink!)

could try notonthehighstreet

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 08-Nov-10 22:26:38

wee gallery

beautiful stuff.

We've had woodland wall graphics (scroll down) since before DS was born (he's almost 3) and I love them. DS has named all the animals

I really like the named ones too (they're new, haven't seen those ones before) but would have been sorely tempted.

MAEMAGGIE Fri 21-Feb-14 13:26:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Clargo55 Sat 22-Feb-14 20:27:57

Ikea have some cute sleep bags and curtains that could fit your theme.

boopdoop Sat 22-Feb-14 21:28:50

We've got vinyl graphics to stick on the wall. Used this company and they are brilliant, so impressed with the quality of them: www.vinylimpression.co.uk

And not too hard to put on the wall (having just spent this afternoon putting jungle animals all over our nursery!)

AmelieRose Sat 22-Feb-14 21:36:37

This modern life has gorgeous stuff...

bumbumsmummy Sat 22-Feb-14 21:36:46

Get some Wallies google them they are ace

FadBook Sat 22-Feb-14 21:38:27

We've just decorated dd's room. She's a toddler now but we've kept the same things, so:

White walls
Olive green feature wall
This butterfly wall sticker in white on the green wall www.notonthehighstreet.com/sunnysideup/product/wall-stickers-butterfly-scenery
Green small striped curtains
Vintage wardrobe
IKEA expedit 4 box piece for toys
IKEA framed toddler bed
IKEA woodland bed cover in brown and cream

It's looks lush and not too girly but not too boyish either

Bootoyou2 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:40:04

Amazon have reasonably priced woodland wall stickers

SweetPea86 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:42:33

I got a lovely woodland theme stickers. If you find them on a website cope and paste name of stickers in to amazon and they might come up on there too way cheapens.

Not on the high street.com has lovely stuff the stickers I wanted off there were £56 when on to amazon and got the same ones for £25

Ratfinkle Sat 22-Feb-14 21:42:43

woodland animal stickers

And forest stickers ... My little nephew has these and they are v cute.

Corygal Sat 22-Feb-14 21:43:44

Utzon Kids do mega-chic children's chairs and chaises. It's all handmade and gets spreads in Wallpaper and Vogue etc., which given it's not that expensive is quite something - not your theme but gorgeous and will last for years - wholly worthwhile.

FadBook Sat 22-Feb-14 21:45:34

OLD THREAD

just realised, maeMaggie resurrected it to market an fb group
Reported

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now