Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am i insane? advice please :(

(15 Posts)
pumpkin29 Sat 06-Nov-10 15:58:01

Hello lovely ladies, i'm after a bit of reassurance i suppose, my o/h and i started ttc 6 months ago and obviously every month i'm praying that af doesnt arrive and that im pregnant, but the wicked with always arrives bang on time. However this month i am TOTALLY convinced i am pregnant, i just have an overwhelming sense... Af not due until tuesday but my o/h convinced me to test yest eve and it was negative. Could it Have been too early??? I'm still convinced and am worried im going mad!!! i have chronic nausea all day and have had for about 10 days and also bad diarrhea (sorry tmi). has anyone else experienced this and been right?? I have a 4 yr old DS and never had an inkling with him... Please help before they cart me off to the loney bin confused

BertieBotts Sat 06-Nov-10 16:03:32

It's far too early to test, you mad thing You'll have to wait until Tuesday and test again! Hope you get the result you're after though

pumpkin29 Sat 06-Nov-10 16:06:38

Thank you.. I know im crazy, i didnt want to test but he was so excited at the thought of possibly being a Daddy that he practically stood and watched me ha ha.

smaych Sat 06-Nov-10 17:20:00

I was like you, super excited and had some strong signs and couldn't wait, so tested early with a sensitive test - it came up negative! So I waited a couple more days and tested again just to be sure, and sure enough it was positive

Good luck with your next test, I hope the wait passes really quickly for you!

pumpkin29 Sat 06-Nov-10 17:25:08

Aww thank you, Hopefully i will have the same outcome and will no longer consider myself bonkers.

CrazyPlateLady Sat 06-Nov-10 19:56:19

I had no idea with DS. This time I had this overwhelming feeling from the moment we had unprotected sex, and in fact all that day I thought "if we have sex tonight I'll get pregnant."

I held out until the day I was due on. It was very very faint so sent DH to get a first response one. Postitive and I am 26 weeks now.

I just knew. I also knew it was going to be a girl and apparently it is.

Good luck.

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Nov-10 20:47:23

first response tested positive for me this week. three days before af due, and then did clearblue digi to confirm!!

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Nov-10 20:47:36

oh and fingers crossed for you x

bananarama05 Sat 06-Nov-10 20:56:36

I'm with the too early to test vote.

I tested the day I was due and got the faintest faintest line to the point I thought I was pushing my luck and imagining it. Had a doctors appt booked for 4 days later so asked him to confirm....he was't sure either! Told me to do another test in a week - at this point I would of been on holiday and couldn't of relaxed til I knew so waited 48hrs and went and bought a clearblue digi - god bless whoever invented those things grin

Good luck

pumpkin29 Sun 07-Nov-10 08:43:17

Bless you all for your replies, I can't even explain to o/h or anyone for that matter, why im so convinced but i just am, crazyplatelady i am also convinced it is a girl, and i am up this early because i've spent the last two hours with extreme nausea!! However this morning did one of those internet strip tests and it was also negative, AF only two days away surely it can't still be early ?!?!? (yes i know im crazy blush.... Thank you all for your advice and good wishes x

nicolamumof3 Sun 07-Nov-10 08:51:35

first response gave me positive 4 days before af if that helps?

DancingCat Sun 07-Nov-10 08:56:48

Hi Pumpkin,
I was also convinced despite having 3 negatives before AF was due - I'd had early miscarriage in Feb, 1 AF after, and was so sure I was pg in April. I did another test, feeling it would be unlikely after the 3 negs, on day after AF was due and there was a faint line. I'm now 29 weeks pg smile
ps - I was also convinced it was a girl - he's a little boy!!
Good luck

looseleaf Sun 07-Nov-10 09:07:57

nicolamumof3 I tested 4 days early with First Response too.
Op I had a strong feeling was pregnant even that early and very sensitive/big boobs which was hard to ignore and I just knew too! It does seem too early for you to get a definite result from tests. Keep us posted

pumpkin29 Sun 07-Nov-10 20:11:29

Thank you for your positive messages, i will post on tues and let you all know take care xx

pumpkin29 Tue 09-Nov-10 13:36:20

Well Ladies i got a BFN this morning , but am still as nauseous as hell and am totally convinced, im off to book myself into the loony bin.... Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies and thank you for the advice xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: