Talk

Advanced search

Great service at Bravissimo

(23 Posts)
PipPipPip Wed 13-Oct-10 21:44:13

I went to Bravissimo for a bra fitting on the weekend. I'd never been there before, but as my boobs are getting bigger by the minute I thought I'd give them a try.

Just wanted to say - they were great! Really friendly, knowledgable staff. I came away in a really pretty bra that fits me well (with a little bit of growing room).

This was a great change from my last fitting (at a shop that I won't name) where the lady offered me ugly, medical-looking bras then lecture about breastfeeding when I asked about alternatives.

So just wanna recommend trying Bravissimo, if you've been dismayed at the bras in your normal store.

PS. I don't work for Bravissimo - no bias here

TooImmature2BMum Wed 13-Oct-10 23:42:34

Hmm. Went to Bravissimo 2 weeks ago and although bras felt perfectly comfy in shop, have since discovered that each of them digs into me in a different place when I wear them all day. Wasn't sure whether to take them back or not - really needed new bras as had grown out of the old ones! By the time I discovered that the first hurt under the arms, I had gone for a long walk and felt all sweaty, so didn't want to return it without washing it...then thought maybe it would have stretched slightly in wash and should try it again. Had to take it off as soon as got home from work today. The other one digs in between my boobs. I would have to make a special trip to the shop at the weekend/late night Thursday to return them and I'm going away this weekend and I need a bra! Anyway, I'm sorry to be negative, but it's not been the best of experiences so far.

domesticslattern Wed 13-Oct-10 23:48:33

I've found the fitters to be good but the general service to be on the slide. And the stores need some serious tarting up.

Still, better than any other stores, I'll grant you. <The horror of bra-shopping in M&S is still with me>

TooImmature2BMum Thu 14-Oct-10 00:06:08

That's true - had made appointment for fitting as it was a Saturday afternoon and still had to wait for 20 minutes before they could see me. There just seemed to be very few staff there and I also had to wait ages at the till.

pinkdelight Thu 14-Oct-10 08:39:13

I had the same experience at TooImmature I'm afraid. The staff were very nice, but were very insistent that they'd fitted me in the right size and that I should stick with an underwire. Sure enough, a day later they were digging into me like hell. I trekked back to the shop, arranged a swap, but again they were so prescriptive about the size, telling me I couldn't be a 38, because even she was only a 36 and she was much bigger than me. And course the 36 made me look all nice and perky. But of course, again, it hurt like hell in no time.

I couldn't face another trek/battle, so I wasted the best part of £100 on two useless bras. Instead I got a cheap pack of two maternity bras from mothercare in the size I wanted (38, unsurprisisingly). They mightn't look wonderful, but at least they don't hurt. Glad you had much better luck, but I do think they should learn to listen more to genuine concerns.

Cyclebump Thu 14-Oct-10 09:54:49

Unfortunately, as a lady whose got big boobs at the best of times, I've discovered that it's not just about the shop but the individual staff. Bravissimo in Ealing have been good to me in the past but the only consistently fabulous fitting I've had was Rigby and Pellor. Massively expensive but they know their stuff.

On the plus for Bravissimo as well is their sleepwear. I bought one of these (http://www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/pyja mas/bravissimo/rn19-details.aspx?colour=lilac&ck=H 5KAdskJv0Q%3d) for my painful and swollen boobs and it's made a massive difference with a lot of the pain disappearing from day one. Never underestimate the importance of support overnight.

Cyclebump Thu 14-Oct-10 09:55:29

Aaargh!

I meant one of these:
http://www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/pyjam as/bravissimo/rn19-details.aspx?colour=lilac&ck=H5 KAdskJv0Q%3d

japhrimel Thu 14-Oct-10 11:12:09

I've had great service in both Bravissimo Oxford Circus and Bravissimo Oxford.

They were also great when I went in the first time saying that I needed a tighter chest size than what I'd been fitted with locally as I was getting shoulder ache, even though that bra was the size they would've otherwise fited me as. I'm glad I did that as my chest size still hasn't gone up and I'm now 31 weeks so getting fitted for the chest size to go up just wasn't for me.

PipPipPip Fri 15-Oct-10 18:34:47

Ah bugger - sorry to hear about your less-than-brilliant experiences. I went to the Ealing store. Perhaps I was lucky! Nonetheless, will go back.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Nov-10 21:39:21

Hi all

Bravissimo folks spotted this thread and sent us this statement:
We’re sorry to hear that some Mumsnetters have had disappointing experiences when shopping in our stores recently. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service – nothing is more important to us – and we’d like to find out more about what went wrong on those occasions so we can investigate and put things right. If you’d be happy to provide some more information we’d love to hear from you at customer.service@bravissimo.com. Keep up the good work Mumsnet!

We're hoping to persuade them to do either an event or some product testing - so will let you know if that comes off.

Thanks all

MNHQ

PipPipPip Wed 10-Nov-10 17:04:11

As the original poster (who really DID like Bravissimo!) I hope they send me a voucher hahaha pippagirl@hotmail.com

autumnberry Wed 10-Nov-10 19:27:10

I have just been to Bravissimo today, having put off maternity bra shopping because I just couldn't face the thought of being presented with something I wouldn't usually wear when not pregnant. The service was excellent and I didn't have to wait at all. I am very pleased with the bras that the fitter brought for me to try on, she seemed to have an idea what would suit my shape, budget, lifestyle and dress sense. For me, I think the best thing is that they cater for small back sizes - bras in other stores just don't offer the support needed for ladies with large cups but small backs, and I don't want to end up droopy!. Really pleased I went.

msbossy Wed 10-Nov-10 21:29:37

I'm usually a big fan but they only have two styles without wires so They've lost my business for a while.

japhrimel Wed 10-Nov-10 21:48:27

Guess it depends what you can get elsewhere! I haven't found an actual shop I can get to with a better selection for me - at least Bravissimo have some okay bras I can wear.

cordiality Thu 11-Nov-10 09:32:00

msbossy bravissimo advise that pregnant ladies don't need to wear non-underwired bras during pregnancy, as long as the bra is well fitted and the wire doesn't sit on the breast tissue. Can't tell you what a relief that was to me, dread to think what my HH cups would look like without some proper scaffolding support!

crochetcircle Thu 11-Nov-10 09:45:09

I hate bra shopping with a passion. But mine have decidedly grown and it can't be put off any longer! I have wasted so much money on bras that felt ok in the shop but crippled me in the days after.

Best bra so far (I'm a 32E) was a Lejaby from House of Fraser. The underwires are considerably softer than orhe bras I've worn.

Quite pricy though, although I lucked out in the sale so it was affordable.

Any other tips for comfy underwired bras would be great. I've got to brave bra land at the weekend!

FindingMyMojo Thu 11-Nov-10 10:22:20

have you tried the BRAVADO bras? They are nursing bras, but you can wear beforehand. Very very comfy, supportive & accommodatae changing shapes. I'm an E cup & they worked well for me when BF DD & I'm going to start wearing them before baby comes this time as everything else I've tried is a bit of a let down.

msbossy Thu 11-Nov-10 21:33:41

Thx for the tips. Size has been all over the place since DD1 and I'm never sure whether to prioritise wirlessness or support!

ReshapeWhileDamp Thu 11-Nov-10 23:26:20

Hmm. I had a similar experience with my one and only trip to Bravissimo (Oxford) a few weeks ago. I spent nearly an hour trying bras with the very patient assistant, and she was good, but not as good as I've experienced at R&P (sadly, no chance of me getting into London with a bump this big!).

I chose a wonderful underwired bra to wear for pregnancy, that fit like a dream - in the shop. Now it's rubbing uncomfortably. I'm gutted - it is beautiful, suits my shape and cost a lot! It's not rubbing my breast tissue as far as I can see, just under my arm (though I know some women have breast tissue extending into their armpits). Maybe I'll be able to wear it at some point after the birth...

GruffalosGirl Fri 12-Nov-10 09:03:30

I second the bravado bra's, my last pregnancy I tried loads of different maternity bra's and found them rubbish, but this time have found the bravado maternity ones really good - I got them pretty cheap in Debenhams too, I think it was 2 for £18 (they had 20% off bra's)

The Freya bravissimo nursing bra was my favourite last time round though.

Every bra I tried from mothercare was rubbish last time, both maternity and nursing ones - I wouldn't go near them this time round.

TooImmature2BMum Fri 12-Nov-10 09:15:21

I feel guilty now - I emailed Bravissimo after someone posted their customer service address on here, and they've just sent me a really nice email asking me to come back in and be fitted by a manager whenever I have time. I'm going to go in for the appointment and see how it goes - I'm sure it will be much better!

oggybags Fri 12-Nov-10 20:51:18

I had a mare at JL and decided it was worth the treck to a bravissimo store GOOD choice, i now have 2 well fitted, comfy & pretty bras, I'll defo go back next time - they just seem used to bigger boobs!!! lol
that was leamington

crochetcircle Sat 13-Nov-10 17:29:58

So I braved bra-land and went to Debenhams this morning, following recommendations above - thanks all. Got two very comfy maternity bra's from the 'Dr Miriam Stoppard' range (!!!!)

It was such a relief to get out of my old one I kept the new one on in the changing room. No more underwires for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now