Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had a private gender scan in Shropshire?

(13 Posts)
polkadottytotty Mon 30-Aug-10 21:27:38

Hi everyone

I am currently 13 wks pg with DC3. We have decided to find out the gender, but they don't do it as part of 20wk scan here in Shropshire - you have to pay £50 for a seperate scan, with no guarantee. So been looking into some private companies

I've found two possibilities:
Babyvision in Shrewsbury
4dBabyface in Newport

And just wondered if anyone had used either of them and would recommend?

4dBabyface seems particularly good value for money at £40 but Babyvision is closer.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 31-Aug-10 12:38:29

Hello

I had an early scan at Babyvision, not gender but found them really good. Excellent setting and very professional. It's still more expensive than paying £50 to the hospital though but probably a nicer experience if you can afford it.

polkadottytotty Tue 31-Aug-10 12:45:08

Yes thats what I thought r+y+p+g - it is £65 for a gender scan at babyvision but I'm sure it would be worth every extra penny for the improved experience. Also, if they can't tell you the gender at that visit they will rebook you free of charge, whereas with the hospital its tough.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 31-Aug-10 19:42:34

They had something in the paper for £10 off a gender scan, might be worth asking if they're still doing it? They might say yes if they're having a quiet week!

RambleOn Tue 31-Aug-10 20:01:37

Yes,I recommend babyvision. I went for a gender scan, and they were unsure as the baby wasn't in a favourable position. They got me to walk around the lovely grounds for 1/2hr and feed the ducks, then went back. Baby was still being awkward smile

They let me come back a few weeks later and rescanned me again free of charge. So I ended up with 3 DVDs of baby (who turned out to be a DD, as they'd predicted)

HTH

squishy Thu 09-Sep-10 08:10:17

We'd like the 4D scan, but don't want to know the gender - is this do-able at Babyvision (understand the risk you might see!) -how many weeks did you have the scan?

polkadottytotty Fri 10-Sep-10 22:12:17

Squishy it does say scans here that they can easily avoid telling you the gender, but not sure how easy it might be for you to see yourself.

squishy Sat 11-Sep-10 11:04:33

Thank you polkadottytotty, I managed to get out of my slushy brain-mode; engage it and google the place! Doh!!

YummyMummy1208 Sat 11-Sep-10 19:46:34

We had our 20 week scan in Wrexham as they will tell you the gender free of charge there providing baby is in the right position - turned out our LO wanted to play havoc as the umbilical cord was going rite through her legs so they couldnt see - i was so frustrated and dissapointed that we booked a gender scan that day with baby vision in shrewsbury - they told us we are expecting a baby girl and the whole experience was lovely - they do have a 100% accuracy rate there i read on their website and so im pretty confident they were right in their predictions - only 6 weeks to go until all is revealed anyway!

Good luck!!

polkadottytotty Sun 12-Sep-10 07:47:12

Thanks yummymummy - I think we are definitely going to go for Babyvision, have only heard great things about them. Good luck for 6 weeks time, when you finally meet your little girl!

Twins355 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:16:45

We have been to babyvision for our twins for a gender scan, the lady Ruth then started goin through measurements and health of babies and left us worried unnecessarily about our one twin and started ringing hospital and even forgot our pictures of twins she was that wrapped up in thinking she was a hospital professional. On walking in we said hello to Ruth to be totally blanked and the receptionist who is the partner in the business was very miserable also so not very inviting. Ruth didn't introduce herself until we were lay down ready to commence which was quite rude and unprofessional.
The lady on reception then went on to slate 2 other businesses tht do the same which in business is totally unethical.
All in all terrible experience and has left us worried about the life and growth of our little girl, would not recommend anyone go there and stick to the good old hospital, at least they introduce themselves and have the professional ettiket to not cause unnecessary worry.

Twins355 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:19:54

We have been to babyvision for our twins for a gender scan, the lady Ruth started by going through measurements and health of babies and left us worried unnecessarily about our one twin with her expressions and behaviour and started ringing hospital and even forgot our pictures of twins she was that wrapped up in thinking she was a hospital professional. On walking in we said hello to Ruth to be totally blanked and the receptionist who is the partner in the business was very miserable also so not very inviting. Ruth didn't introduce herself until we were lay down ready to commence which was quite rude and unprofessional.
The lady on reception then went on to slate 2 other businesses tht do the same which in business is totally unethical.
All in all terrible experience and has left us worried about the life and growth of our little girl, would not recommend anyone go there and stick to the good old hospital, at least they introduce themselves and have the professional ettiket to not cause unnecessary worry.

MandyK123 Sat 06-Jun-15 12:24:42

I do not recommend baby vision. They do not provide a pic of the scan which confirms the gender. They are grumpy rude and make you feel unwelcome rushed and leave you unsure! Total waste of money and time. They are completely lying about never getting the gender prediction wrong since 2005! When i requested a copy of the pic that confirms the gender i was told i could not see it! Weird bizarre company! Dont go to babyvision!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now