Talk

Advanced search

Anyone get pg with implant in?

(2 Posts)
Moominfamily Sat 28-Aug-10 21:53:26

I've got two children, and have just discovered I'm pg with my third. I had an Implanon fitted on 1st July, and I think I am about 5 weeks although I haven't had a period since having it fitted so can't be sure.

I need to phone the clinic on Monday to get the implant removed, but I'm worried it may harm the baby. I also don't understand how I got pg with it in- I have heard if it isn't fitted properly it doesn't work, but otherwise the failure rate is only 0.05%.

Has anyone else had this? I feel a bit shocked, and I'm worried about this baby, and also anxious as I don't even know how far along I am, so if anyone has had a similar experience I would be really grateful for some reassurance!

sanielle Sun 29-Aug-10 22:07:33

Are you sure you sure you weren't pregnant when it was fitted? I had one years ago but can't remeber if there was a period at the begining where you have to use barrier contraceptive? Like when you start the pill and are not on your period?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now