Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is Serious PMT sometimes a sign of pregnancy?

(17 Posts)
Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 20:06:48

Me again blush I'm really sorry to be a nuisance, have had another thread as well about dreams.

I have been trying to convince myself I can't possibly be pg because of the way I have been today - some cramps and feeling like AF is starting, but it hasn't - and I'm due on in 2 days, so it shouldn't yet anyway! Also have been really stressed, fed up, short fuse type of thing.

And then I found DP's hat here and started to cry (because of him being so lovely) blush

Either I am super hormonal due to Immense PMT or it's the other.

I did test about an hour ago but have not been able to look at it yet, I think I might wait till Thursday, that is if I don't come on by then.

Really really pathetic isn't it.
thankyou if you got this far without going 'Oh FFS!!' smile

Tiredmumno1 Tue 03-Aug-10 20:41:49

Look at the test.

and then take it from there. let us know what it says smile

beckie90 Tue 03-Aug-10 20:50:26

dont alway count on the test most of the time it wont show up, ive bin preg twice and did early tests and it didnt, best time to wait is until day after missed period.
you do sound rather preg to me though lol,
and when i found out i was pregnant before i did the test i didnt think i could be bacuse it felt as though i was going to get my period.

Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 20:55:31

Thanks smile

I had that too last time Beckie, I just remembered - I took a test to rule it out the morning I was due and of course it was pos.

I can't look, though I half want to for reassurance but if it is pos I will totally freak out. It's just me here tonight so I can't risk it. I think I will get DP to look at it next time he is round.

I am such a wuss.

Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 20:58:44

I forgot to say there have also been the weirdy dreams, nausea, sore tits and emotional stability of a chicken on acid.

This could all be PMT. Oh and everything has smelt very funny this week. Marmite at first and then by the sea yesterday the seaweed nearly made me throw up.

I am having serious crampy things going on this evening.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:04:30

When is your dp next round.

its hard to advise without you taking a quick peek.

it could be negative anyway, and your period may arrive as normal.

but i am afraid that without looking your mind wont be put at ease.

Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 21:09:00

This is what I am hoping, well half of me is, that it'll be neg. That way is so much less stressful!

OTOH I am always hopeful about babies, it's just dealing with pregnancy and the big fear and all that.

Sorry - frustrating thread! I just wanted to check out whether other people had felt this way ie period very imminent, and still been pg.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:15:56

Of course all the signs you describe do sound like pregnancy.

however it also depends on how you usually feel when you have your periods.

now i really want to know grin

wish i was there i would have a look for ya lol

Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 21:19:24

So do I!! lol

This is the thing. Normally I get very little warning of a period - no cramps, light bleeding, a bit heavier on second day but it doesn't hurt a lot especially not beforehand - only when it's actually happening iyswim.

So to have bad cramps a couple of days early is a bit strange, for me. I do have the weird mood a bit and the short fuse, (ie irritability I suppose) but not nearly this bad - I've been in a kind of zone the last few days, really a bit out of it.

It could easily be nerves though.

I will let you know when/if I do look!! Thanks for being here anyway x

LetsHaveAnotherOne Tue 03-Aug-10 21:38:30

Haven't you looked yet?
FWIW - my preg test didn't really show positive clearly until the day after mt af was due.
I too had a very short fuse! (That was last week), I am only just 5w now and hoping this pregnancy works out okay!

Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 21:42:23

Oh congratulations! How lovely smile

No have not looked, I don't dare. I have decided what I want is a 'Is my period coming within the next 24 hours' test, not a pg test!

Flighttattendant Tue 03-Aug-10 21:43:37

DP should be about on Thurs.

I'm due on then anyway so if nothing happens, I'll shove him into the bathroom and tell him to look!

Poor bloke grin

compo Tue 03-Aug-10 21:46:22

One Friday night I was very hormonal, felt massive rage, had huge row with dh about not wanting sex often enough because we were ttc

turns out I was already pregnant blush

stripeywoollenhat Tue 03-Aug-10 21:48:40

i recall feeling almost psychotically emotional and therefore dismissing the idea of pregnancy, as i was clearly foully premenstrual... positive pregnancy test next day.

hope it works out the way you want it to smile

beckie90 Tue 03-Aug-10 22:37:16

flight attendant. im kinda like you at the mo.
im due on in less than a week been expieriencing symptoms of pregnancy, extreme tiredness, weeing frequently, feeling sick most of the day, and today went to eat some beetroot which i normally love, and had to spit it out it tasted awful to me. but if i turn out to be pregnant, i think i'll be petrified.
can any1 tell me if your sex drive can lower in some pregnancies 2?

Goodluckbear Wed 04-Aug-10 10:06:31

I felt really crampy before I got a positive test - like really bad PMT, but it started earlier than normal and lasted for quite a while. It honestly felt like I was due on at any moment.

Of course, it could just be unusually bad PMT!!

Take another test tomorrow if your period hasn't arrived, and get your DP to look at it for you. Make sure he looks at it within the 3mins or whatever the instructions say - if he waits too long you might get a false reading. Good luck!!

Layla7878 Mon 24-Jul-17 12:43:28

So did you do the test and were you pregnant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now