Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Persistent dizziness, anyone?

(6 Posts)
fluffyanimal Fri 19-Aug-05 14:16:42

Hi, I've just joined. I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Since yesterday I have been feeling quite dizzy - like being drunk without the nice part! It's lasted all through the night. Is this normal? Am I going to be dizzy for days? Cheers, everyone.

kid Fri 19-Aug-05 14:25:27

It could be low blood pressure, I have that all the time. There is no medication you can take for it but you have to make sure you eat often. I was advised even if its just a cup of tea with some sugar in it, that will help.

koalabear Fri 19-Aug-05 14:26:48

my girlfriend described her morning sickness as a constant state of motion sickness - could be that it will pass in a couple of weeks - have blood pressure checked anyway, and make sure you are eating something healthy every 2 to 3 hours

HelenEmjay Fri 19-Aug-05 14:29:23

I think kid is right, i am 35 weeks pregnant with no.3 and i have had it throughout all 3 pregnancies - and i have low blood pressure! it has always helped me to eat little and often, i hope you feel ok soon, it does seem to get better with time, but like most of these things you get good days and bad!
Helen xxx

robinia Fri 19-Aug-05 15:20:52

Drink lots too. I get it off and on too. Blood pressure seems to be OK. Other causes are low blood sugar, dehydration, anaemia. Plain chocolate seems to be my best remedy at the moment so I assume I'm just a bit low on blood sugar and/or iron. Earlier on it seemed to be best remedied by drinking more.

ninah Fri 19-Aug-05 15:21:57

I have had three 'funny turns' now
Eating usually sorted it out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now