Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG tests.. quick question what do u recon?

(4 Posts)
munz Fri 19-Aug-05 08:24:41

quick q for u girls, thought i'd ask u and see if we all have the same answer.

see a mate last night who's also TTC, she has PCOS, but has recently lost a lot of weight and is not 7.9st. her AF is now regualr coming every 6 weeks (ish give or take a day or two) anyhow she normally has unbearable AF's v bad pains etc and really suffers this month however she only bled for 2 days and it was so light there was next to nothing there (her words) instead of the normal v v heavy 5 days. anyhow she did a test (to make sure) and was a BFN but the test line she says was so faint it was hardly there - I told her to try another test (she used boots own one) but she doesn't seem to think there's a point, althou I did also suggest perhaps she's lost too much weight and it's having the adverse effect ie/ her AF will stop again as it's only been regular for about 5 months.

Anyhow thought i'd ask u guys, what do u rec?

munz Fri 19-Aug-05 08:34:51

(trail of thought was the test didn't work properly)

munz Fri 19-Aug-05 09:24:35

anyone?

RedZuleika Fri 19-Aug-05 09:27:08

Personally I've found Boots Own to be quite reliable. I got a positive at 9 days post ovulation in my first pregnancy. I have stuck with them subsequently because I don't think that things like First Response are worth the extra money. If she thinks she might be pregnant, perhaps wait a few days and test again...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now