Talk

Advanced search

Present for DS (2.3yo) from "baby" - any ideas?

(19 Posts)
KiwiKate Fri 19-Aug-05 00:22:21

Am planning on buying a present for DS (2.3yo) from baby. What did you (do you intend to) buy? Baby is due in 3 weeks and I can't decide what to get.

fqueenzebra Fri 19-Aug-05 00:26:43

anything he'd like, really. Truck? trains? Brio?

Hattie05 Fri 19-Aug-05 00:33:42

A baby doll

Or a scooter (my dd has just got into hers, similar age)

KiwiKate Fri 19-Aug-05 00:48:04

Actually, hattie, you might be on to something with the baby doll idea (not very politically correct, I know). But DS goes to a play group where he just loves the doll and pram (as we don't have any dolls in our house). Perhaps having a pram to push when I push the baby will keep him occupied. MIL is sure to have heart failure, though (which is another good reason to get it )

fqueenzebra Fri 19-Aug-05 00:54:46

oh get him a pushchair for sure!! And a teddy to go in it? Little boys love pushchairs; i got a blue one for (14m old) ds a few weeks ago.

pooka Fri 19-Aug-05 07:04:46

I've bought dd some Thomas the tank engine stuff. Go on! Get him the pushchair. My nephews loved theirs and it really encourages walking. dd (2.1) is like a bag lady with hers - fills it with practically every toy she owns and puts toy-filled bags over the handles. No wonder we're on her third!

nailpolish Fri 19-Aug-05 07:19:10

i would say get a baby doll too. i got one for my dd (she was just 2) and she is really into changing nappies with me, we get dd2/babydoll ready for naps/feeds etc together, and we have a little highchair, cot and buggy for dolly.

if you prefer you could get a boy doll, there are loads around

good luck! x

lockets Fri 19-Aug-05 07:26:39

Message withdrawn

bobbybob Fri 19-Aug-05 07:32:56

If he likes dolls then this is a great idea (here is a baby for you)

If not a really big truck.

Katemum Fri 19-Aug-05 07:57:28

My boy also loves pushchairs, not so keen on dolls but loves to push around teddies. Have to say I also enjoyed both of his grandads faces!!

Hattie05 Fri 19-Aug-05 07:58:21

Havn't you got that the wrong way round. I think it is very pc for a boy to have a baby doll!!

stacijc Fri 19-Aug-05 08:18:28

i have almost the same gap and i had a present all wrapped up in my hospital bag, we got harold the helicopter from baby but we also bought a doll as well. ds1 now baths the doll while i bath ds2, he will also feed the doll while i feed ds2 as well. i didn't get a pushchair but he also loves them, he plays with the pink one at toddler group!!! yhou can get them(dolls and trolleys) quite cheaply from poundstretcher(instore) if theres one near you

clary Fri 19-Aug-05 08:25:15

yeah baby doll is a great idea! (and very pc, surely??)
DD got ds1 (just 2) some jigsaws cause he was well into them; ds2 got dd a Tweenies swimming bag and ds1 a Snakes and ladders game. Just things I knew they wanted.

bubbles2904 Fri 19-Aug-05 09:10:52

my dd is 6 and she wants a dog. we aren't allowed one in our current house so we've bought her a dog on a lead from toys r us that barks, sits and does other commands. she'll love it!!!

sweetkitty Fri 19-Aug-05 09:23:13

My mum had a heart attack when I bought DD some cars - I think she thinks she will grow up a lesbian!!!

PiccadillyCircus Fri 19-Aug-05 12:44:29

KiwiKate, I am also trying to think what to buy for DS (who is nearly 21 months) from his brother or sister. I am thinking about a Harold the Helicopter, as he is very into helicopters (and all transport really).

Can't decide whether to go along the doll line as well...

beatie Fri 19-Aug-05 14:14:45

DD is 2y 9m and as yet has not had her own baby doll. I have bought one that I deem not too ugly and a pushchair to go with it. She will get this gift from the baby when she visits us in hospital.

zubb Fri 19-Aug-05 14:26:12

When ds2 was born we bought ds1 (22 months) a plane with passengers / luggage etc. It was about £10 I think from Argos, and they both play with it still.
This time (ds1 will be 3.8 and ds2 22 months) we'll get both of them a little knight from ELC as they love playing castles. Must get round to getting these though as under 3 weeks to go!

mummyhill Fri 19-Aug-05 17:22:43

MIL has got her a baby doll, but bean has bought her a carebear as that is something she is into at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now