Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about circumcision?

(4 Posts)
kwaker5 Wed 04-Nov-09 20:11:34

Just started training DS (nearly 3). I have noticed that when he wees, his willy swells up quite a bit before the wee comes out. Should I take him to GP or is it too early to tell if it's going to be a problem.

navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 20:33:23

I had a charge who has this (I'm a nanny) and his skin was just a bit tight and the GP said he owuld grow out it. But if it hurts / he has any trouble going then to take him back to gp.

Might be worth getting it checked over just to be on safe side though - if only to put your mind at rest?

BertieBotts Wed 04-Nov-09 21:30:16

copied and pasted as posting one-handed but:

Ballooning of the foreskin while urinating can be a normal phase of development during childhood. It is not an indication for circumcision. Ballooning is a temporary phenomenon that arises when the foreskin begins to separate from the glans. It speeds the process of separation and disappears when the process is complete.

HTH

kwaker5 Thu 05-Nov-09 21:33:53

Thanks for those replies. It isn't bothering him but if it does I'll get it checked out. At the moment I feel as though I'm going to be looking at it several times a day forever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now