Talk

Advanced search

Would you return to pull ups after 3 months of pants?

(5 Posts)
katedan Tue 27-Oct-09 14:51:18

DD has been out of nappies since the start of the school holidays. She will be 3 next month and still poo's in her pants EVERY day. She was great for the first 2 weeks of PT but since then although she is dry she still poo's herself. Today it has been twice. If I could turn back time I would not have PT her but is it now to late to return to pull ups untill she is ready to poo in the potty/toilet?

Would like some advice as HV as usual has been rubbish.

kcartyparty Tue 27-Oct-09 21:06:46

Keep up with the PT. Putting her back in pull-ups sends out mixed signals

Perservere with her. My DS soiled himself for many years. Some kids do.

Use a reward chart and get her to help you make it.

If she loves making and baking then use this as a reward for being clean for 3 days

This means baking every 3 days!

If she is clean for a whole week a trip to the local soft play centre

And after a month ......... how about the zoo or the beach, museum etc

Twit Tue 27-Oct-09 21:41:23

Does she poo at about the same time each day? If so you could try and pre-empt it. Some children seem to find it difficult to make the move and poo in a toilet/potty even if they wee. Not sure why, I'm afraid all I can say is she'll grow out of it.
I really wouldn't put her back in nappies, BUT if she doesn't like the idea of wearing a nappy perhaps you could explain that she might have to wear one if she doesn't try to sit on the potty.
This worked for my dd when she was about the same age and suddenly decided to wet herself alot. [mainly leaving it too late].

katedan Wed 28-Oct-09 09:53:29

Thanks Twit and kcartyparty. She has no set time to poo so can't guess although she sometimes go when her twin sister does (they are ID but still very odd!)this makes it hard as I will be sorting out her sister and she will poo her pants! her twin has pt well and has few accidents so we obviously praise her etc in the hope this will encourage dd but it doe snot. We give our sweets for doing a poo and have a sticker chart but although this worked to start off with she now is not bothered.

Love the idea of the baking etc but it is hard to do an activity with just her as I have her twin and ds who is 6. Could try to promise something at the weekend so dh is about but it would be unfair on dd2 who has porrt trained without any special treats etc.

kcartyparty Wed 28-Oct-09 21:40:37

If DD2 is having the odd accident then include her in the activities too! Reward charts always work better when more than one are doing them. A bit of competition!wink

As for your DS if he is anything like my DS's he will just be looking forward to eating the cakes/biscuits/meals that you make

Boys and men and food grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now