Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ds2 won't use the damn toilet and doesn't care if he's wet.

(7 Posts)
colditz Tue 06-Oct-09 23:21:51

I'm so frustrated. He's 3.5, articulate, independent, and will happily wet or soil himself and not think to draw attention to it, or even notice.

Playschool are being brilliant and toileting him every 30 minutes - he still had 2 accidents in 5 hours today.

At home I have to negotiate hugely to get him to sit on the potty, and the chances of him pooing on it are about 1 in 10.

now, I would be happy just to leave him in nappies until he seems more 'ready' but HE is not. He is "An big boy wiv pants and trousers and I use the toilet and i don't wear nappies like a baby"

So ... help! What do I do?

Jajas Tue 06-Oct-09 23:37:11

My twins are 7yrs old and one of them is still exactly the same ~ sorry! Maybe it's a boy thing? I can't cajole, threaten or otherwise to get him to comply he just doesn't care.

Sorrry not very helpful but you are not alone!

colditz Tue 06-Oct-09 23:44:49

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't do this for another 3.5 years!

My washing machine is entirely fullof teeny tiny pants and trousers and my house smells of weeeeeee

Jajas Tue 06-Oct-09 23:50:28

grin! Mine is wierd though, don't worry yours won't be as bad I promise!

Know what you mean about whole house smelling of wee (and worse angry) then there is the worry that the whole school thinks of your child as the 'smelly kid'. Not making you feel any better am i really grin?

There was another thread on this a couple of weeks ago, can't remember if anyone came up with any bright ideas or not?

AcademicMum Tue 06-Oct-09 23:52:18

What worked with ds1 was to buy "big boy pants" which he really wanted, but each time he wet himself off went the "big boy pants" and on went a nappy - which he hated. It took 3 days to potty train him.... grin

nappyaddict Wed 07-Oct-09 01:23:53

I agree with AcademicMum. Say to him if you keep wetting yourself then you're not ready to have pants and will have to wear pull ups until you are ready.

ches Thu 08-Oct-09 02:10:34

Does he use the toilet or the potty? If the latter, I would let him use the toilet. Pee standing up, poo sitting down, and critical... get his DAD involved. Have his dad show him how he stands to wee/sits to poo. Finally, make him 100% responsible for cleaning himself up. If he poos his pants, he has to drop the poo into the toilet. If he doesn't get to it until he has sat on it and squished it around, he has to scrape it off/wash it out in the toilet. Then he has to put it into the washing machine and run the wash. He'll get fed up with all the work pretty quickly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now